Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Shaolin monks will be slow.
Ratchet & clank will be unplayable.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

(02-01-2015, 01:37 PM)abaddon Wrote: Will I be able to play Shaolin Monks and Ratchet & Clank?

CPU: Intel i7 4710HQ 2.5Ghz ("boosts" up to 3.5Ghz)
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 970M (3GB)
RAM: 16GB DDR3
I don't know about shaolin monk but, ratchet and clank is quite demanding and needs software mode to be played properly. You could try using software mode and set extra rendering threads to 4 and enable mtvu to play the game at the processors full potential. Though, it's unsure whether you can get a formidable fps.

PS: Make sure you play the game while charging the laptop and set windows performance plan to high performance to get better speed.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(02-01-2015, 01:43 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Shaolin monks will be slow.
Ratchet & clank will be unplayable.

Ratchet will be playable.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Yeah, the stp of the processor is quite high, it may handle ratchet and clank well.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Long time user, first time poster.

Basically, my PC is very close to running the more demanding games very well and I'm looking for opinions on getting it over that hump.

Lots of games do run great, if they don't have higher end graphics, like Mega Man Anniversary Collection for exemple, works full speed graphics & sound. But the game I'm using to test performance with more demanding games is GTA: Vice City and I can see that everything runs a LITTLE slow. And then the fan in my PC starts and everything runs full speed for a couple seconds.

Here's my specs.

CPU: Intel Core i5-2320 (3.00GHZ) (Locked so no boosting...)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 530 (Integrated... this is pretty bad, isn't it?)
RAM: 6GB

It has a benchmark rating of 1675, if 1700 is really the point where things are fine, then maybe I can improve my GPU and that would do it?
Currently to get more performance, you should get a better cpu. Gpu will only be useful on higher internal resolutions. You could get a upgrade of an i5-4690K and a gtx-750Ti. They will be overall better in pcsx2 than your current rig.
- Refraction
That wouldn't be compatible with my mobo though, I have an 1155 socket, 4690k requires 1150..

I'm looking at an i7-3770 for 400$ which would give me 3.4GHZ boostable to 3.9GHZ which benchmarks 2069 and is compatible with my board. That would run it full speed at native res?
Spending $400 on an older CPU seems a bit much. I would recommend a i5-2500K or i5-2550K since those are overclockable and not as expensive as the i7-3770.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
i5-2500 is interesting, 150$ upgrade to get 3.3GHZ boostable to 3,7... 1849 benchmark... I know that would probably run a game like GTA:VC just fine. Like I said, my current rig runs it full speed for a couple seconds once in a while. I'll go with that! Thanks for helping!
No problem and good luck with your upgrade. Happy gaming!
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU