Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
(07-30-2015, 11:54 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: The development versions are fine for anyone to use.
 Mmm ok, i found this on the download section of the forum, so if i want to achive maximun speed, i should be using the last release and not the developer version?

"Thanks to Orphis who maintains the automatic build-bot, we have historical official development builds since 2011-May.

Note that these are development builds and not release builds. They're made from whatever code was changed, and may be buggy etc.

Also note that official release builds are about 7% faster than development builds due to slower optimization process which we do for release builds (PGO), and which the development builds don't have."

Sponsored links

Try them both and see which one works better for you. That statement about PGO is correct though.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
(06-12-2015, 07:21 PM)AoMythology Wrote: I'll probably get Broadwell (because of a great IGP, I can get a dGPU later). Whether I get the i5 or the i7 depends on this: can anyone tell me for certain that having five or six rendering threads on a non-hexacore CPU makes a lot of difference? (Edit: never mind, I'll find the proper thread for this.) (Edit2: thanks, Nobbs66.)

P.S:
If anyone is wondering, Dolphin didn't get any clock-for-clock bonus compared to Haswell from Broadwell's L4 cache and such in Anandtech's review, but PCSX2 might, since it uses more than one thread (2 and 3, depending on MTVU, if I remember correctly) and Broadwell's features/improvements allow it to be better at multithreading.

(06-12-2015, 08:04 PM)AoMythology Wrote: Thanks. I think it's still worth it to get an i7, though, since if we add together the two threads PCSX uses -plus MTVU, plus the software threads-, then HT should be quite useful.

I'm writing to say I got i7 5775C, with 16 GB of RAM, a week or so ago.

I've tried
Okami (runs at ~100 FPS with F4 pressed at 1920x1080 with only recommended speedhacks, needs a lower resolution to run fully in software mode)
Kingdom Hearts 2 (also runs above maximum at all times, same settings)

I also have and am going to test Onimusha 3, FF XII and a few others.
Nice dude! I'm looking forward to your results. Make a new thread for it though, we don't want to go too off-topic in this thread. Smile
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
(08-06-2015, 03:05 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: Nice dude! I'm looking forward to your results. Make a new thread for it though, we don't want to go too off-topic in this thread. Smile

Got it. But one last thing: has anyone else in this forum tested i7 5775C or not?

If not, I'll try to get the results up sooner.
nope.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I know my pc will run games best but not sure what is best to pick or what the differences are as in AVX etc.

Cpu is 4790k
That's not really a question for this topic, in the future please make your own topic or ask in the GSdx thread. Anyway, your CPU supports all the way up to AVX2, no need to stop at AVX.

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
hello hello, long time no see! (if anyone remembers me at all xD )

my girlfriend will buy a new laptop with i5 5200u and its integrated ofc hd 5500!

the resolution of the laptop screen is 1366 x 768.

she wants to play both kingdom heart games, will she be able to? (prolly yes but...) will she be able to use x2 resolution?
will she have stable max fps?

kh 1 is kinda easy on the emulation side... but kh 2 fm+ is the one i am afraid of...

any input is welcome! thank you!
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
2x will cause slowdowns on both games sadly. Both games will have some massive framerate drops at a few points, but should be at 50-60fps most of the time.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]