Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Hi,

I'm new here but did try PCSX2 a while back on my 4 year old laptop. For anyone that may be interested:

Processor: Intel i5-480M @ 2.66 GHZ
RAM: 6GB DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics (in built)

Played a couple of games and they did work, quite slowly though. I did enable a couple of the speed hacks and it improved things a bit, but it didn't work for long because the i5-480M does tend to get very hot.

New setup is a Intel i7-4510U @ 2.00GHz (3.10GHz on turbo), 8GB RAM and Intel HD 4400 Graphics (again inbuilt). This setup seems to run a lot cooler than the old one did. Will it run better than the 1st gen i5?

Sponsored links

it will do a lot better.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
i downloaded the emulator a few days ago and ive been trying to play star ocean tteot but it seems to be running in slow motion during gameplay, about 35-45 fps. During the video before the start menu and other similar videos and while in the menus, i have about 60-90 fps but during scenes where characters are talking im around 30 fps and the characters talk really slowly, which kind of ruins the mood. Ive tried for days, tinkering with various settings to make it run faster but nothing seems to make a difference, i didnt think it was my pc because its only maybe a couple years old and it wasnt cheap.

TL;DR essentially, im wondering if the lag is due to improper configuration or if my pc is too weak to handle a game as intensive as so3,

a few of my specs are as follows , if any additional specs are relevant, im happy to provide them

System Model: HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC
Processor: AMD A10-5750M APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics, 2500 mhz, 4 cores,
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8650G
RAM: 8 GB

given my specs, is there anything i might be able to do to make the game playable? i dont mind bad graphics but the slow motion talking is a deal breaker, any help would be very much appreciated. thanks for reading.
Star Ocean 3 needs a CPU with single threaded 1800 or more, yours has only 1150. There is nothing you can do, and it won't play many other PS2 games well either.

If you have further questions please make a separate thread.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(11-30-2015, 12:09 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Star Ocean 3 needs a CPU with single threaded 1800 or more, yours has only 1150. There is nothing you can do, and it won't play many other PS2 games well either.

If you have further questions please make a separate thread.

well that is very disappointing,  thanks for responding, and so quickly too, i appreciate it.   ill have to break out the ps2 to play it
(11-29-2015, 02:02 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: it will do a lot better.

Thanks for the confirmation - will definitely try it out on the HP (intel i7) and let you know what the results are. The Acer with the i5 processor was okay-ish until the CPU got very hot, which happened after about a minute or two (if that). So this i7 laptop should do much better because (a) it has better performance and (b) it doesn't get hot!
Hello everybody, well let's go, first with my rig:

I5 2310 2.90Ghz
8GB RAM (Dual Channel 1333)
GTX 960 2GB

I always play some games on PCSX2 but i always notice a little loading (a little loading with a fast fps drops), like in Rogue Galaxy for example.
The game runs fine at a 60 FPS, but he always have a little fps drop (that looks like a type of loading) in some moments.
better make a new thread as further help would require information on your PCSX2 settings and more stuffs.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Hi I supposedly have good enough specs for my PC but everything runs at 30-40 fps

AMD-A8-3870 APU 3.0 GHz
8 GB ram
and I recently installed AMD Radeon R 370 4gb GPU

any tips what I can do?
best to open a new thread
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]