Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
(08-20-2016, 08:53 PM)michaeldaryl Wrote: Need help. This was my first time using pcsx2 1.4.0 i downloaded the bios and grandia 2. It runs on my laptop but it was really slow. Like 35% speed. Pls. Help for configurtion. Tnx

why dont u just play grandia II anniversary ? the one in steam it should work way better than the ps2 version

Sponsored links

(01-13-2017, 08:34 AM)ashknani55 Wrote: why dont u just play grandia II anniversary ? the one in steam it should work way better than the ps2 version

why answering a 5 months old question ?
moreover, why bother answering when we actually said we don't support piracy ?

please stop spamming. thanks
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Hello PCSX2 experts,

I'm planning on buying a new PC soon since my current one is very outdated. I've started looking around and I'd really appreciate your input since I haven't kept myself very up to date with current technology. Games I own include Suikoden series, Final Fantasy, Wild Arms and Shadow Hearts.

For the processor, is STR the only indicator or is there something else to look for? I don't plan on overclocking at the moment.

How do you compare different graphics card when it comes to PCSX2 emulation?

Is RAM another element to look at? Or do all desktop computers come with sufficient RAM for emulation nowadays?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Edit - For example, I'm currently looking at the following PC. Seems like it should rock most games, right?

Intel Core i7-6700 4.00 GHz (2348 STR, 6th gen)
16 GB RAM (2133MHz DDR4)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M
(01-14-2017, 02:21 AM)Takanit Wrote: For the processor, is STR the only indicator or is there something else to look for? I don't plan on overclocking at the moment.

Well, STR is the most crucial aspect you should be looking out for, it would also be nice to get a multiple core processor for better performance with,

* Software mode + Extra rendering threads
* MTVU

Quote:How do you compare different graphics card when it comes to PCSX2 emulation?

You could try comparing the hardware specifications of the graphics cards to figure out which one is better. If that sounds troublesome then look out for some benchmarks related to the card.

Quote:Is RAM another element to look at? Or do all desktop computers come with sufficient RAM for emulation nowadays?

I don't think RAM matters much, generally PCSX2 only reserves the necessary memory for the EE/IOP/Registers/Recompiler Caches/Other stuff which doesn't usually exceed 500 MB (a stab in the dark, should be much lower). However due to internal emulation bugs there are some quirky games which tend to consume a great deal of physical memory, I don't remember the names of those games right now.

Quote:Intel Core i7-6700 4.00 GHz (2348 STR, 6th gen)
16 GB RAM (2133MHz DDR4)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M

Processor should definitely be alright and the RAM is a bit overkill and I'm wondering over here on how you're planning to incorporate a laptop specific GPU to a desktop build. Tongue
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Thanks for the input.

Good call on the GPU, it's actually the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 without the M as you've probably guessed! Best Buy has the correct name in the Specs but had the one with the M in the Overview section.
Hello,Do my laptop runs smooth if i install PCSX2?
My Laptop nfo:

intel i3 2310M / 2.10ghZ /nVidia GT520M
2gb ram
does my pc open ps2 games smoothly
Processor
Intel® Core™ i5-7200U (2.5 GHz, up to 3.1 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
Memory
4 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB)
Graphics
Discrete:
AMD Radeon™ R5 M430 Graphics (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)
Not all of them, but it should play some games quite well
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
what should i change to make it better?
I have a new Acer, no graphics card, and am wondering if pcx2 will run fast on my pc. I have the following specs:
7th gen i5-7200U
8gb DDR4
1tb HDD
integrated graphics, "intel HD graphics 620"
I understand that since I don't have a discrete graphics card it may not (probably won't) run games at a playable speed, any input? I mean, after all I would hope my new laptop is more powerful than a PS2  Laugh Laugh Laugh Unsure Rolleyes
I am running Shadow of the Collosus right now and it's running pretty slowly but its trying, maybe configuring the settings could help?