Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
nobbs.. he might be able to get away with software mode..
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case

Sponsored links

Hey Guys. I wanted to know if there is any possibly way to improve my emulation of KH2 FR. I can get the game to play, but its kinda of laggy. I am trying to get the game to run smoothly at 2x native and possibly with the 60fps hack on. Here are my emulation settings: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1...apture.PNG

My Hardware specs are: 
Intel® Core™ i7-4720HQ @2.60GHz 2.59GHz
RAM 8 Gb
64bit

Thanks
(06-25-2017, 07:23 AM)Razzneth Wrote: Hey Guys. I wanted to know if there is any possibly way to improve my emulation of KH2 FR. I can get the game to play, but its kinda of laggy. I am trying to get the game to run smoothly at 2x native and possibly with the 60fps hack on. Here are my emulation settings: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1...apture.PNG

My Hardware specs are: 
Intel® Core™ i7-4720HQ @2.60GHz 2.59GHz
RAM 8 Gb
64bit

Thanks

Your Processor is not bad (for being a mobile one)
If all you have as far as GPU goes is the integrated intel 4600... that is less good.

But being a laptop the number one thing to do first is to check the power plan for the laptop and make sure it is set to high performance since power plans can really lower laptop's usable performance levels for heat/battery drain.
Then
I would make sure you are using a recent version of PCSX2 (one of Git builds found here http://pcsx2.net/download/development/git.html)
Also you really should use the SSE4 or AVX2 version of gsdx plugin since your processor supports it.
Besides that it would help to see your GSDX and general settings if you changed anything from default and also 64bit????? which 64bitOS??
Also I would not mess with 60fps patches until you have the game running flawlessly with out it and (using something like msi afterburner or the default EE/GS %) you have seen that you have ample performance left to handle it.
hey guys will games like valkrie profile 2,kingdom hearts 2,shadow hearts etc run on this rig at decent settings?

intel core i5 7400
gigabtye rx 460 windforce OC 4gb
8gb RAM
(06-25-2017, 07:47 AM)TkSilver Wrote: Your Processor is not bad (for being a mobile one)
If all you have as far as GPU goes is the integrated intel 4600... that is less good.

But being a laptop the number one thing to do first is to check the power plan for the laptop and make sure it is set to high performance since power plans can really lower laptop's usable performance levels for heat/battery drain.
Then
I would make sure you are using a recent version of PCSX2 (one of Git builds found here http://pcsx2.net/download/development/git.html)
Also you really should use the SSE4 or AVX2 version of gsdx plugin since your processor supports it.
Besides that it would help to see your GSDX and general settings if you changed anything from default and also 64bit????? which 64bitOS??
Also I would not mess with 60fps patches until you have the game running flawlessly with out it and (using something like msi afterburner or the default EE/GS %) you have seen that you have ample performance left to handle it.

THanks man! Works like a charm!
Quote:hey guys will games like valkrie profile 2,kingdom hearts 2,shadow hearts etc run on this rig at decent settings?

intel core i5 7400
gigabtye rx 460 windforce OC 4gb
8gb RAM

yes, quite well
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-26-2017, 11:06 PM)jesalvein Wrote: yes, quite well

Thanks man i was looking to get a new pc to upgrade from my 8 year old core 2 duo 2.67ghz and amd radeon hd 6670 and running pcsx2 get highish settings was very high on the list
Really for the best results
CPU:
AMD - Mainly Ryzen though with enough overclocking some others can be used.
Intel - Haswell i5/i7 or newer (again with a high enough clock rate older CPUs can be used and other select CPUs can also be used [like the g3258 or g4560]) and you really want to aim for a passmark single threaded score of 2,000+ to have less performance concerns. [Though to be fair some games still will still have performance issues, but really any hardware will struggle with some games]

GPU:
Really the more modern the better and the nicer the card the more you can "enhance" the game. You can get away with some integrated solutions, but a dedicated card is better (so are the drivers too usually). Even an older nice midrange card (like a 750ti) can handle things quite well as long as you don't want to go overboard on the "enhancments".

Generally native PC games require a really good Graphics Card and a CPU that is fast enough to not "get in the way" of the Graphics card performance. (Some exceptions exist and high refresh gaming requires more CPU power)
Emulation generally requires the opposite, a really good CPU to handle emulating the system's chips (or translating the game code to something a PC can understand) and a Graphics Card that is "good enough" to handle executing the translated code at a rate that is "fast enough" to not slow down the emulation.
(06-27-2017, 08:25 AM)TkSilver Wrote: Really for the best results
CPU:
AMD - Mainly Ryzen though with enough overclocking some others can be used.
Intel - Haswell i5/i7 or newer (again with a high enough clock rate older CPUs can be used and other select CPUs can also be used [like the g3258 or g4560]) and you really want to aim for a passmark single threaded score of 2,000+ to have less performance concerns.  [Though to be fair some games still will still have performance issues, but really any hardware will struggle with some games]

GPU:
Really the more modern the better and the nicer the card the more you can "enhance" the game.  You can get away with some integrated solutions, but a dedicated card is better (so are the drivers too usually).  Even an older nice midrange card (like a 750ti) can handle things quite well as long as you don't want to go overboard on the "enhancments".

Generally native PC games require a really good Graphics Card and a CPU that is fast enough to not "get in the way" of the Graphics card performance.  (Some exceptions exist and high refresh gaming requires more CPU power)
Emulation generally requires the opposite, a really good CPU to handle emulating the system's chips (or translating the game code to something a PC can understand) and a Graphics Card that is "good enough" to handle executing the translated code at a rate that is "fast enough" to not slow down the emulation.

as you mentioned that i need a high pass mark single threaded score(2000+) to not have any performence issues so for pcsx2 does it matter if the processors have more cores like the i5 7400 is a quad core which is rated at 1954 and a i3 6300 which is dual core and has a score of 2164? would the i3 6300 be better to get than the i5 7400 speaking only for pcsx2 atm

edit: getting a i3 6100 would be really nice on my budget Laugh
(06-27-2017, 09:26 AM)deathslasher Wrote: as you mentioned that i need a high pass mark single threaded score(2000+) to not have any performence issues so for pcsx2 does it matter if the processors have more cores like the i5 7400 is a quad core which is rated at 1954 and a i3 6300 which is dual core and has a score of 2164? would the i3 6300 be better to get than the i5 7400 speaking only for pcsx2 atm
depends on the game.
basically, pcsx2 uses 2 cores, 3 with MTVU speedhack.
If your game uses a lot of VU and benefits greatly from the MTVU speedhack, then an extra core will be a good thing
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go