Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
how does valkrie profile 2 fare with a i3 6100 or with a i5 7400? i heard its one of the more intensive games

which one would be better to run it and what max settings can they both achieve

Sponsored links

(06-27-2017, 11:29 AM)deathslasher Wrote: how does valkrie profile 2 fare with a i3 6100 or with a i5 7400? i heard its one of the more intensive games

No idea since i don't have this CPU.
I suggest you start your own support thread for this very specific question.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
okay ill do that because im looking to buy a new pc(build) and really want to play ps2 games
Hi to everyone having to change cpu i wanted to buy a ryzen 1600x, does anyone know how to behave with this emulator? I just say i like gpu i have a 1060 6gb
(07-06-2017, 06:42 AM)gattinogerry Wrote: Hi to everyone having to change cpu i wanted to buy a ryzen 1600x, does anyone know how to behave with this emulator? I just say i like gpu i have a 1060 6gb

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Ryzen-benchmark
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-06-2017, 06:42 AM)gattinogerry Wrote: Hi to everyone having to change cpu i wanted to buy a ryzen 1600x, does anyone know how to behave with this emulator? I just say i like gpu i have a 1060 6gb

Depends on the workload you want to do and the pricing where you live, but if you are only gaming and using emulators then the 7600k is a much better buy and more powerful in single threaded workloads (emulators).

If you are doing heavily multi threaded workloads then buy the 1600 not the 1600x since it is cheeper and pretty much the current best practice for ryzen is to get the lower version and just overclock it since AMD are not jerks like Intel locking overclocking to only very specific processors.
Thanks for the reply, instead of taking a 77700k i7, i would have improvements over the cpu i5 7600k, or is it not worth it?
Currently for games (and especially emulators) the i5 7600k will perform better then ryzen clock for clock due to differences in ipc (instructions per clock) because of how each processor works (the architecture). An i7 7700k will perform slightly better up until you start overclocking the i5 to the same speed and then the performance difference is basically gone in single threaded workloads.

For multithreaded workloads (like video editing) then ryzen will be good and much cheaper then an i7.
Hi guys.I have this configuration
-I7 7700HQ (2.8ghz)
-Nvidia GTX 1050 TI (vram:4GB)
-12GB ram DDR4
I can play gran turismo at full speed? If yes suggest me what setting i put on emulator thank
(07-12-2017, 12:53 AM)MatPower01 Wrote: Hi guys.I have this configuration
-I7 7700HQ (2.8ghz)
-Nvidia GTX 1050 TI (vram:4GB)
-12GB ram DDR4
I can play gran turismo at full speed? If yes suggest me what setting i put on emulator thank

First recommended setting is to make sure your laptop is set to high performance in the power settings and nvidia's control panel set to prefer maximum performance, also if your laptop has any cool and quiet settings or programs or any power saving/ energy management programs then try to disable those.   Also make sure that nvidia optimus is not making PCSX2 run on the intel integrated GPU.

Basically your laptop is right on the edge of getting good performance in gran turismo (which is a very heavy game to run), but if heat or performance tweaking issues come up then it can easily go into unplayable territory.  I would not use MSAA in GT4 (it causes issues) also make sure you are using one of the Git builds and a new(ish) one at that to avoid VRAM spikes crashing GT4.  Along those lines also keep the internal resolution reasonable since it can also make those VRAM spikes worse.  Also cheat to get the licenses since the license tests also seem to be one of the worst areas for the VRAM issue.