Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Heres my specs...I could use some Recommended Plugins\Bios or settings.

Vista Home Premium
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.40ghz
3Gb ram
DirectX11
Nvidia Geforce 9500GT

Currently my pcsx2.0.9.6 Configuration is this.
Graphic GSdx890 SSE3
Sound SPU2-X1.1.0
Bio Europe v2
GRAPHICS
Direct3D10(Hardware)
Interlacing" none
Aspect 4:3
D3D Interal res 1024x1024 (Native unchecked)
NLOOP checked(Grayed out)
Texture Filtering (Checked)
Wait vsync (checked)
Enable tv-out (Unchecked Grayedout)
Logarthmic Z (unchecked Grayedout)
Alpha correction (FBA) (Checked Grayedout)
CPU
EERec Checked.
VU0Rec checked.
VU1Rec Checked.
Frame limiting
Normal.
ADVANCED
EERecs Options
Chop/Zero \\\\\\ Clamp Mode (none) Flush to Zero(Checked) Denormals are Zero (Checked)

VURecs Options
Chop\Zero \\\\\ Clamp mode (None) Flush to Zero(checked) Denormals are zero (checked)
SPEEDHACKS
X3 Cycle Rate
INTC Sync Hack (Checked)
Enable IOP x2 Cycle Rate (Checked)
WaitCycles Sync Hack(Checked)

Sponsored links

Use PCSX2 0.9.7. Default plugins and settings mostly. Change GSdx to the highest (S)SSE supported by your CPU, of course, and try it on native resolution. Apply the {Recommended] speedhacks, then follow that up with the EE Cycle and/or VU Stealing sliders little by little, until the game gets worse.

Don't expect every game to be playable on a 2.4Ghz processor. Resolutions higher than native may be possible with your GPU, but may vary by the game.
Hey.

I was wondering if someone could tell me if Final Fantasy X would run fine on my computer or not?
My Specs are

Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+ 2.50 GHZ
3 GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate
GeForce 8600 GTS 256MB Graphics Card

Thanks in Advance
I'm losing the touch to predict these kind of things lately...

My guesstimate is it would IF you bother to read all the advice given to the members with similar situation with you.
First off, specs:

AMD Athlon II X4 @ 3.12 ghz
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (Sapphire)
2GB RAM
Windows XP

Now, I was running the SSE2 plugin and GTA: San Andreas was really laggy... running at around 20-25 fps. I also noticed that it was running at 75% CPU. Is there anything I can do to improve my framerate through the software, or would a hardware upgrade be necessary? The plugin was configured to use the DirectX 9 through hardware, as well.
you can use the speedhacks.
Intel E8500 @ 4.3ghz 1.32v w/ Tuniq Tower
DFI LanParty Dark P35-T2RS
G. Skill 4GB PC2-8000
BFG 8800 GTS 512
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro
Thermaltake ToughPower 750W
Windows Vista/7 could give you a bit of an improvement (due to DX10).

Otherwise, there's little you can do (assuming you're already using speedhacks, etc...).
(08-16-2010, 10:23 PM)Rezard Wrote: Windows Vista/7 could give you a bit of an improvement (due to DX10).

Otherwise, there's little you can do (assuming you're already using speedhacks, etc...).

Unfortunately, the speedhacks didn't do anything to speed the game up (0 improvement). I am upgrading to 7 soon, so hopefully DX10 will help. Not much I can do in the way of hardware upgrades I suppose.
Well, a CPU upgrade is possible. Generally, Intel>AMD. With Intel, you'd have the use of SSE4. That could help. Of course, there is overclocking...

As for your HD 4850, it isn't holding you back. There aren't too many upgrades from that, anyway. Smile

You aren't by chance trying to play at some particularly high resolutions? Not that you're card shouldn't be able to handle high resolutions, but you could try Native for the hell of it. Maybe try setting Clamping mode to None (under "EE/IOP" and "VUs"). Also, there's that EE timing hack under "Game Fixes" labeled with "Try if all else fails". LOL
Here are my specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.40GHz
Radeon HD 4870
3GB RAM
Windows XP

Guys I just wanted to know whether I can run anygame at fullspeed. I want to be able to play ICO or Godhand... but I need to know if my pc can handle it, please help me.