Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Oh really now? I thought it would require a stronger GPU, that's good to hear. I'll probably grab something similar in that range then. Thanks!

Sponsored links

Honestly I'd get a GTX 1050ti
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I don't really game aside from some old games and from what I gathered so far (i might be wrong) is, that a strong GPU doesnt really benefit the emulation and that the biggest load is on the CPU? as in so far that even a GT 640 can achieve at most a 2x internal resolution which I'd use. A GTX 1050ti seems overkill in view of this.
I'm running a 750 ti oc 2gb.. and most every game runs at 60 fps pretty solid at 4x native... Those cards are getting cheap too
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
Hi everyone, I have two questions, one concerning a GPU for my desktop + a laptop.

1) Is it worth getting an RX 570 over the 1050 Ti? There's little difference in price, but my questions are: a) How are AMD's drivers now? Do they still have those OpenGL bugs or something? and b) Is a 430w PSU enough? Below is my desktop specs
EVGA White 430W
i5 3570
8 GB DDR3 1066Mhz
2x SATA 7200 RPM HDD
1x DVDRW drive, mouse, keyboard, etc.
Those online PSU calculators say it's enough, I need 378W tops in the 12V rail and my PSU can do 408W, but eh...

Also, question two: 2) I need a new laptop, my old one is dead. I'll buy some simple Dell, HP or Acer model, nothing fancy. How well would a 7100u or 7200u with an integrated Intel 620 perform? I intend to play on software mode and, if possible, 2x native or 1024x768 (this is why I like 1366x768 screens, it's better for PS1 emulation, and other consoles, and some older 4:3 only games).
For pcsx2, get an nvidia. If you want to use it for everything, the radeon might be worth it, but it will disappoint you if you want to use it with this emulator.

And an intel 620 should be able to do native - 2x fine. You won't need to use software mode.
#StopRNG
Most emulators have better OpenGL backends then DirectX ones, and AMD gemerally has worse OpenGL performance then Nvidia so if you are going for emulation then go for an Nvidia card.

The real issue your laptop choice is not the 620 iGPU, but the 7100u or 7200u. With the 7200u there will be some sacrifices in which games you can run at (or near) fullspeed. With the 7100u there will be more. This is also assuming a very good cooling system in the laptop that prevents thermal throttling at max (or close to max) load for however long you wish to run your emulator. If you can find a laptop with an H or HQ designation then it would be a better choice for emulation.
Those models with HQ processors are way too expensive, it's out of the question.

On CPU benchmark the 7200u is rated 1,745 against 1,803 for the 6700HQ. Can't be that bad.
It is more the fact that HQ is a 45W TDP CPU and the 7200u is a 15W TDP CPU and the cooling most laptops use for ULV (15W TDP) chips tend to be insufficient to run at full load or near full load for an extended period of time without thermal issues (throttling). Throw in the fact you will be relying on the iGPU which also produces heat in the same area and that is the main reason I recommended a H or a HQ chipset. The other being the general trend to have more aggressive power saving settings on u series laptops.
Hey there,

Spec-wise, I should have a pretty solid framerate with this program, but I keep getting lower than 60 FPS on a lot of games, and the framerate is inconsistent. The latest ones I've tested (with the most up to date version of the program) were NBA Street Vol 2 and Drakengard. Not really sure what I'm doing wrong in terms of configurations. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Specs are as follows:
Windows 7 Service Pack 1
AMD FX 6300 6-Core 3.5 GHz
16GB RAM
NVidia GeForce GTX970