Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
(07-24-2017, 07:07 PM)TkSilver Wrote: GT 4 is a CPU  and GPUheavy racing game
Midnight club 3 is a CPU heavy racing game

Burnout (multiple) in general this series has some....... issues a lot of the fixes are to use software mode with greatly increases the CPU load (and locks things at native)

Whatever laptop you do end up using though try to make sure it has good cooling (especially around the CPU) you are going to be pushing it very hard and also disable any power saving features.  Heat and power savings are 2 things that can rob a laptop of an astounding amount of performance.  Turning one that should be able to handle "X" game reasonably well to one that can't play it at all.
Suggestions?
Instead of i7 7500u(1900 STR) and 940mx which laptop can be good? GT 4, Midnight club 3, Burnout, etc(Well only racing games)

Sponsored links

(07-29-2017, 06:35 PM)TkSilver Wrote: It depends on the processor more then the GPU, so no clue since that laptop can have a variety of different processors.

From how I thought you did not look up the computer name on google anyway it has an i7 7700hqWink
(07-30-2017, 06:05 PM)MatPower01 Wrote: From how I thought you did not look up the computer name on google anyway it has an i7 7700hqWink

I did google the computer's name msi's own site listed it as having a selection of processors.  Anyways for GT4 it should be a reasonably good experience as long as thermal throttling and power restrictions aee not an issue woth that specific laptop (being a MSI one I doubt it will have cooling issues).  Also the license tests should still be skipped (by cheating), not just because they are a pain sometimes but mainly because a Vram spike issue thst seems to occure arround them.

(07-30-2017, 03:13 PM)Hachiko Wrote: Suggestions?
Instead of i7 7500u(1900 STR) and 940mx which laptop can be good? GT 4, Midnight club 3, Burnout, etc(Well only racing games)

The best you can do in a laptop form factor, as far as pure performance goes, is a desktop CPU in a laptop and that has become a thing on some laptops.  The downsides are expense and size.  For a reasonable performance level the 7700hq or other hq processon (you can even get i5's in hq from skylake and kabylake).  The U line up has a few ok CPU's in it and if you really really have to have an ultrabook or small size then this is the best you are going to get in those sizes  (except at ridicilous prices) due to limited cooling room.

So laptops like that MSI maxpower01 mentioned or the Dell 7000 series would be my recomendations.
(07-30-2017, 07:01 PM)TkSilver Wrote: I did google the computer's name msi's own site listed it as having a selection of processors.  Anyways for GT4 it should be a reasonably good experience as long as thermal throttling and power restrictions aee not an issue woth that specific laptop (being a MSI one I doubt it will have cooling issues).  Also the license tests should still be skipped (by cheating), not just because they are a pain sometimes but mainly because a Vram spike issue thst seems to occure arround them.

The best you can do in a laptop form factor, as far as pure performance goes, is a desktop CPU in a laptop and that has become a thing on some laptops.  The downsides are expense and size.  For a reasonable performance level the 7700hq or other hq processon (you can even get i5's in hq from skylake and kabylake).  The U line up has a few ok CPU's in it and if you really really have to have an ultrabook or small size then this is the best you are going to get in those sizes  (except at ridicilous prices) due to limited cooling room.

So laptops like that MSI maxpower01 mentioned or the Dell 7000 series would be my recomendations.

These racing games need 1050ti for run full speed with native resolution?( I won't play 2x native...)

So For CPU intensive games you need 2000 STR and for GPU intensive games? Which gpus are good if count laptops?
Currently OpenGL is the backend with the most compatibility (besides software) and the most current work being done. For this reason I would recomend an Nvidia GPU because Nvidia's drivers tend to play better with OpenGL.

As long as you are not going high on the internal resolution or adding lots of AA AF or other enhancments then something around a gt730 to a gtx750ti should be fine for most games. Very specific games have odd issues that may change this (GT 4 has VRam spikes that crash things under specific situations), but this is more of a game by game basis and not a general thing.

Basically they don't need a 1050ti to run at full speed it is just that you tend to get certain classes of CPUs paired with certain GPU's and most of the time you don't see a 7700hq matched with a mx150 or mx940 or other lower end card. The mx150/gt1030 is a very interesting card if the mx card performs like the desktop 1030 then that puts it right in the same performance area as the gtx750 (non ti) which is a good place for emulation of a lot of systems.
(07-31-2017, 07:39 PM)TkSilver Wrote: Currently OpenGL is the backend with the most compatibility (besides software) and the most current work being done. For this reason I would recomend an Nvidia GPU because Nvidia's drivers tend to play better with OpenGL.

As long as you are not going high on the internal resolution or adding lots of AA AF or other enhancments then something around a gt730 to a gtx750ti should be fine for most games. Very specific games have odd issues that may change this (GT 4 has VRam spikes that crash things under specific situations), but this is more of a game by game basis and not a general thing.

Basically they don't need a 1050ti to run at full speed it is just that you tend to get certain classes of CPUs paired with certain GPU's and most of the time you don't see a 7700hq matched with a mx150 or mx940 or other lower end card. The mx150/gt1030 is a very interesting card if the mx card performs like the desktop 1030 then that puts it right in the same performance area as the gtx750 (non ti) which is a good place for emulation of a lot of systems.

This is the problem...7700hq with GTX 960 or 970 can be perfect for PC games that i want run and pcsx2 emulation Sad
If you have a Intel 6xxx processor , you can use the shipset Inside of it with no mush drop (but is limited in fxaa and other demanding options).
(07-31-2017, 07:39 PM)TkSilver Wrote: Currently OpenGL is the backend with the most compatibility (besides software) and the most current work being done. For this reason I would recomend an Nvidia GPU because Nvidia's drivers tend to play better with OpenGL.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GL62-7...646.0.html

Can you confirm that GTX 960M is enough for GPU intensive games?(Native resolution only so NOT 2x native)
it is enough and it's not either.
depends on the games you're trying to play.
If you don't go higher than native, the racing games you mentioned will be fine with that laptop
If you try Zoe2, your GPU will have a hard time.

there is no "magic config", nor "magic hardware"

Sorry
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-31-2017, 08:16 PM)jesalvein Wrote: it is enough and it's not either.
depends on the games you're trying to play.
If you don't go higher than native, the racing games you mentioned will be fine with that laptop
If you try Zoe2, your GPU will have a hard time.

there is no "magic config", nor "magic hardware"

Sorry

You mean full speed?
Awesome then