Still the dotHack GU Problems...
It's been a long time since any issue in the dotHack GU games has been talked about, and still nothing to come of it. I'm here to talk about some of the issues still prevalent in the games' emulation.

Let's talk about the "Double Vision" issue, first.

Now, as I write this, the game is currently paused in the background. This issue is there all the time. However, it is most prevalent when the internal resolution is upscaled. The "Half-Pixel Offset" doesn't work, let's get that straight. In all of my images, I have a custom resolution of (currently) 1366 x 768. As you can see, the issue is very visible. I've tried the offset, and it seems that 0,6000 seems to do something but... The problem is that there are a total of four images. The one main image, and 3 "Ghosts." I believe that this is some sort of post processing choice on Cyber Connect's part, but it looks downright ridiculous when upscaled. And lets face it. Who the hell wants to play a PS2 game on this emulator without upscaling if they have the power?

The reason I came to the conclusion that this must be a post processing issue is thus:

This images shows that the UI is not affected by this issue. Now. I'm not an expert or anything. But that looks like Post Processing to me.

However, this issue is not prevalent during certain cutscenes. I, unfortunately, do not have any examples.

Let's talk about the mini map, next. In the above image, you see no problem with the minimap. However, in the image below, you DO see a problem.

The culprit, you ask? I've narrowed it down to two things. Anti-Aliasing and using the "Bilinear (Forced)" option in GSDx. Not together, mind you. Even having only one of these settings on will cause the issue to appear. Not sure what the game's problem is, but it seems to only happen if you use either (or both, it's not like they cancel each other out). Using anything other than native internal resolution does not have an effect on this issue.

So. I've established some issues (Really, the only issues) with the emulation of this game. They aren't game breaking, just annoying. We can safely assume this isn't hardware related because I've gone through this on (essentially) two different computers.

These issues prevent the game from being truly beautiful when you want it to be. I've tried all the hacks there are. I haven't tried all the combinations of them, but I don't have time for that. If I did, I wouldn't be posting this up, calling on you all to help figure this damn thing out. Now get out there and figure this damn thing out!

Also, it's probably worth mentioning I've been using the DX11 Hardware Rendering. Screw DX9. Over it.

If you all still want my Hardware Specs, yeah sure whatever.

APU A8-5600K Quad-Core
(GPU inactive, No Overclock)

Radeon HD 7870 XFX Core Edition
(Dual Dissipation, No Overclock)

8 GB DDR3 1600MHz
(No Memory Clock)

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
(No OS Clock, Analogue Clock Next to TV)

500-Watt PSU
(Just thought I'd throw that in there)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

So, you expect all games to be perfect when using various hack?

The PS2 didn't support MSAA, upscaling, or force bilinear filtering.

Also, no dev is here to act as your personal coder, doing everything you want.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Wow. Sometimes I forget that people are hostile on the internet these days. Excuse me for asking for a little insight on the issues these games are having, hoping they might get the same love and attention and fixes that plenty of other games got to make them look and operate well.

(03-24-2016, 07:22 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: So, you expect all games to be perfect when using various hack?

The PS2 didn't support MSAA, upscaling, or force bilinear filtering.

Also, no dev is here to act as your personal coder, doing everything you want.

Forgive me for asking but... are you, by chance, related to Derek Smart?
It'd be better if you could make a well detailed bug report similar to the following so developers will have some information to tackle the issues ! It's your choice though.

Edit: By the way, thanks for collecting the information of issues on your post.
(03-24-2016, 07:33 AM)ssakash Wrote: It'd be better if you could make a well detailed bug report similar to the following so developers will have some information to tackle the issues ! It's your choice though.

I'd love to! But you forgot to link me an example! Haha! PS, love your Avi, 180 eps in and lovin' it. Can't believe it's still goin' after so long!
(03-24-2016, 07:35 AM)Eff EL Wrote: I'd love to!  But you forgot to link me an example!

Here's a post on explaining how to make proper and valid bug reports, you need to make a thread on the bug reporting forums describing the issue at a certain game and we'd label the issue relevant to it's category.

This way, developers will be able to take a look at the issues and try debugging (or) workaround it when they're interested on tackling the issue.

Quote:Haha! PS, love your Avi, 180 eps in and lovin' it. Can't believe it's still goin' after so long!

Yeah, I feel bad for the teenager on getting stuck to a kid's body for over 800 episodes Tongue
tried OGL renderer, BTW?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-24-2016, 07:46 AM)ssakash Wrote: Here's a post on explaining how to make proper and valid bug reports, you need to make a thread on the bug reporting forums describing the issue at a certain game and we'd label the issue relevant to it's category.

This way, developers will be able to take a look at the issues and try debugging (or) workaround it when they're interested on tackling the issue.

Yeah, I feel bad for the teenager on getting stuck to a kid's body for over 800 episodes Tongue

Thank you, Ssakash! I really appreciate the help!
(03-24-2016, 07:48 AM)jesalvein Wrote: tried OGL renderer, BTW?

Just did. Made it much, much slower, but no change in the problem.