Strange box on Crash Twinsanity + Matrix Path of Neo
These two games have come a long way in the past year on the hardware renderer, but there's one last issue I'd love to get sorted out. As you can see from the screenshots, there's a box on the bottom half of screen that follows me around and screws up the gfx on that portion of screen.

What could cause this? Everyone else seeing this? I've tried almost every setting I feel but no change!

Using GSDX, OpenGL (no change with other plugins) and always using the latest GIT build. Observing this on latest builds for months.

Latest Hardware:
intell i5 2500k, Nvidia 970GTX, 8 gb ram

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.3 ghz. (Sandy Bridge CPU) / Asus P8P67 / 4 Gig Ram / GeForce GTX 660/ Creative X-fi / Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit

Sponsored links

Anyone else have this? What could cause this?
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.3 ghz. (Sandy Bridge CPU) / Asus P8P67 / 4 Gig Ram / GeForce GTX 660/ Creative X-fi / Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit
You mean the green lines right? I personally haven't seen them in Crash Twinsanity. Does settings (Config > Emulation Settings > GS Window tab) zoom to 101% or so remove it from sight?
(06-14-2016, 11:23 AM)FlatOut Wrote: You mean the green lines right? I personally haven't seen them in Crash Twinsanity. Does settings (Config > Emulation Settings > GS Window tab) zoom to 101% or so remove it from sight?

The green lines? Are referring to the lines on the edges of screenshot? If so, no.

I think the screenshots illustrate the issue pretty clearly. When you open the crash screenshot, do you not see the massive line down the middle of the screen. I even had arrows on the matrix shot.
Oh, that. It looked like part of the wall at first glance, so I didn't even notice it. Tongue2
That's the half-bottom bug, it's a known issue, but there's no solution yet. Path Of Neo apparently has the same issue.
(06-15-2016, 12:05 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Oh, that. It looked like part of the wall at first glance, so I didn't even notice it. Tongue2
That's the half-bottom bug, it's a known issue, but there's no solution yet. Path Of Neo apparently has the same issue.

Gotcha, ok, thanks for confirming. Just so long as it's a known issue. Once that's resolved, this two games should be pretty much perfect! And the Matrix was extremely broken for years up until the past few months (HW at least).
I haven't seen any changes yet in latest git. Everyone else still has this?
Honestly, I'm afraid the half-screen bug won't be for this year. If someone manages to fix it, we will do a news post. Lots of games are impacted.
I don't see an issue?
It's just an outer edge effect?
Just adding a comment here that there's no change as of 3/19/2017 build. Hopefully this is the year it gets resolved, fixing several games along with it.

EDIT:
I'll track the defect on GH moving forward:
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/1339