Strange bug in Devil May Cry 3 SE
The movie with the rising tower is an ingame scene? Really? I think it's FMV, it looks like a movie and it's blurry, etc.
I can't use dx10, I have XP.
Yes, I use internal iso reader, I mentioned it in the first post.
Ok, will try 1.0.0 with default settings and tell you what will happen.

Sponsored links

Wait I previously asked you if you were talking about the scene where the shotgun is seen on the wall, not the rising tower scene...anyway both are working here (altho the tower is an FMV afaik)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Yeah I was talking about the tower, it seems I misinterpreted your post.
Tried 1.0 and no luck again, nothing changed, except the sound is clean and doesn't stutter at all (with all other svn builds whenever I hit any mob it can stutter the music, sometimes it doesn't). I feel like I'm going in circles here.. Anyway, tomorrow I'll try to replay that mission on my friend's pc, maybe that will help systematize every bit of info I've gathered so far.
delete the pcsx2.ini to make it default as possible and try again

otherwise, im thinking faulty rip
Two faulty rips in a row? Doubt it. My friend's pal version worked for him, he made the iso himself from his own pal dvd if I'm not mistaken. My iso was made by me from old ntsc dvd, that I don't have anymore, like ps2.
The only thing that comes to my head is to check the size of files on the disks (or even crc or md5), if it's different for your iso\dvd, only then it can be the problem with iso. Otherwise, the serial numbers shown in pcsx2's console indicate that's it's ntsc version

(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59.94 fps
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_213.61;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_213.61;1) Game CRC = 0x25FC361B, EntryPoint = 0x00100008
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_213.61;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC

I googled this crc and found crcs for other versions (from google code, GSCrc.cpp)
Code:
{0x25FC361B, DevilMayCry3, US, 0},    //SE
    {0x2F7D8AD5, DevilMayCry3, US, 0},
    {0x0BED0AF9, DevilMayCry3, US, 0},
    {0x18C9343F, DevilMayCry3, EU, 0},    //SE
    {0x7ADCB24A, DevilMayCry3, EU, 0},
    {0x79C952B0, DevilMayCry3, JP, 0},    //SE
    {0x7F3DDEAB, DevilMayCry3, JP, 0},
So it's definetely DMC3 SE, US (ntsc) version.
that crc is the header of the image, not of the whole disk (getting the crc of the entire game at runtime would delay startup by 5+ minutes)

so it is still possible for the rom to be corrupt and yet load the correct crc/settings
Hmm, ok, you know better than me, I'm not so familiar with these things about ps2.. But it's logical, I suspected it was crc of some small file (like system.cnf) or something.
Today (I don't know your timezone, maybe it's still "yesterday" for you) I'm going to my friend (no, not the one with pal version) to check. I hope it's not iso problem, but after your words the seed of suspicion was planted in my head lol.

__
A small update. After some googling I've found this website - redump.org, with hashes of ps2 discs.
So here is DMC3
http://redump.org/disc/953/
I've checked my own md5 and sha and..they are the same! So it's not something with my iso.
Still waiting for my friend to get home from work..
The test is complete and the result is..the same! The scene still is not working with either ntsc or pal versions, and it's not the iso, md5 and sha-1 are identical, it can't be it!
So we've talked with the friend about it and he told me to ask you what exactly are you doing in that mission, he is confused like me. At first I thought maybe you should press some button near the door? It seems no, I checked every button and changed some options in pad settings with no effect.
My friend's specs are 95% like mine, except he has Win7 x64 and another motherboard, has more memory and has ssd as the system drive.
So narrowing down possible problems, we've checked different renderers (dx11 and dx9), also I used default settings in the game, maybe the game behaves differently that way. Still no.
So I have 2 possible factors that can cause this:
1. We have the same gpu and the same cpu
2. We are both using iso, but not physical dvd
Everything except this is different.
So, summarizing the result - I have no other options but to quit playing this and forget about the game. Sad but true.

Also the friend's (and mine also) question to Bositman: do you have physical dvd or iso? If it's dvd, then maybe you can check the iso? During the discussion I mentioned iso plugin and he also asked that question about any difference between using dvd and iso. It's possibly the only and the last thing I can think of.
I'm running an ISO and all I do is kill the monsters, then enter the door. I don't see why you would stop playing the game because some insignificant cutscene isn't working for you but suit yourself Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
But no cutscene=no mission! I can just run between these two locations (Dante's Office and this one) forever, kill monsters and nothing else. That's the end of the game for me and my friend. We can't play it, since I can't enter the club, I'm just standing near the door, running, jumping, taunting and using sword and guns. Nothing else happens. Cutscene wouldn't start. I've even repeated the mission for 3-5 times lol.

Also since it's an emergency, I've managed to get temporary access to an old pc:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8600, 4Gb DDR2, Geforce 8800 GT, WinXP.
And you know, I've spent quite some time reproducing the scenarios I've done before (changing settings, using\not using saves, changing difficulty, controls, etc, etc) - no cutscene, Dante can't enter the club.
So it seems this issue is specific to only Intel CPUs and Nvidia GPUs (sounds crazy, but it's logical), I should ask some AMD guys to check this.
And NO, it's not the iso, not the two isos at the same time, it can't be it.
I'm starting to think there is a ghost in my machines.. I mean that one, in the shell.
Also pmed you about some importatnt info.