Strange issue with ps2 controller mapping
(12-06-2013, 11:58 PM)willkuer Wrote: I would not expect to see buttons work with lilypad if they don't work there.

Why have you two controller in the list? What happens with the other entry?

I only have one controller my only thought is maybe because the adapter has 2 slot in it?

Sponsored links

Maybe... what happens if you use the other slot?
Same results I just have to select the other one in the menu
well other than reinstall drivers I can not recommend anything. If this doesn't help either your controller or the hub is broken...

Last thing you can try is make the system powerless (turn off, switch main switch of psu or take of power cable, wait at least 10 seconds). Take off hub. Start computer again. Connect hub and wait for initialisation.
Sometimes drivers get something they don't like and just hang but this happens quite seldom...
I uninstalled the drivers that came with the CD I was given. So now I am using the windows drivers and it looks like the picture that you posted. Still having the same exact issues though.
Can you either test the hub or the controller?

(for example using a different controller and/or a working ps2?)
I've had a new idea over night...

Normally in Digital-to-Digital converter there are comparer used to convert from one system to another (TTL to ECL for example). The comparer needs a correct input voltage to select HIGH and LOW signals. If the comparer gets less than the wanted power because of the usb-cable length (>5m for example) or because of an external harddrive using the same usb-port the separation of HIGH and LOW can not be done anymore. If you switched the usb cable to a longer one use the delivered or even a shorter one instead. Don't use to many heavy-load usb-devices on the same group of usb-ports. (Normally several usb ports use the same power supply).

This would probably only work if that converter/hub does not have its own power supply.
You have been absolutely awesome thank you at all you attempts at help. I was reading some of the reviews of the converter on Amazon where I purchased it and it seems as though its an issue with the device and this particular converter and windows 7 64 bit. I am not sure how I can test this but I am going to try and find another computer or maybe try the controller on an actual ps2 unit. I purchased http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AAT...UTF8&psc=1. Can anyone recommend something else with my setup? I also have a 360 controller with the plug and play adapter could I possibly use that?

Edit Read some more reviews and now some people are reporting it does work with their ps2 controller and windows 7 64

Edit 2 I tried reinstalling the drivers provided with the converter as well as the drivers that windows selected I had the same issues both ways
Are you using this small blue usb-cable that is shipped with the hub? Or have you exchanged it?

XBOX controller have a native usb support. Therefore you can just plug it to your pc. The 'converter' just changes the pins to the correct form. I am using a xbox controller (I like them more than the ps2-controller) and it works very nice.
I am using the small usb cable that came with it I haven't exchanged it yet. I can seem to be getting the xbox controller to work. It appears under my device page page but it doesnt load the correct drivers I believe

Edit After some research I have a wireless plug and play xbox 30 controller so while it has a usb plug that is only used for charging and it connects only via wireless. So this won't work either so frustrating!