Strange stretching - Dragon Quest VIII
Hi, I currently have a problem with my dragon quest VIII, its pretty bad and means I cannot play the game. I applogise if this is some noob mistake, i havent been using pcsx2 for very long.

Firstly I have tried with other games and they work fine and have tried with all stock settings, native resolutions, different widescreen settings etc. Dont know to put this in bugs or not as it could be a simple fix. Currently with 6x native and everything maxed out. Also tried with settings off/stock and normal native resolutions aswell.

This is what my game currently looks like on the first intro (yes that is the stretched characters). If i run around I also can see my character stretched on the sides aswell.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm139...j7svbx.png

I cannot find anything about it online and have tried various pcsx2 versions, all different settings etc. Very wierd.

This is one of my most favourite ps2 games so would be a shame if i cannot play it.

Thanks Smile.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Specs: [email protected], GTX 980Ti SLI, 16gb DDR4 3000mhz, windows 10 64bit.
PCSX2 version:-1.3.0.5907
Have tried with all default settings, makes no difference but. 16:9 aspect ratio (6x Native, Enable:- Shadeboost, FXAA, FX Shader, Texture filtering, 8bit textures, HW hacks (everything but disable crcs), 16x anisotropic filtering, Edge anti-aliasing). Only thing I have changed other than imput wired 360 controller.

Game: Dragon quest VIII which is the ISO version. All other games seem to be working fine.

Thanks Smile.
Actually no, managed to get it working Smile. Seemed the 1.3.0.5907 was a dodgy version, or didnt install right. Used 1.2.1 and now working perfectly.

Very Sorry for wasting your time. You may close thread if you wish thanks.
(11-18-2015, 07:48 PM)tylerjrb Wrote: Seemed the 1.3.0.5907 was a dodgy version

It is a dodgy version, there isn't such a version.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(11-19-2015, 12:24 AM)refraction Wrote: It is a dodgy version, there isn't such a version.

Latest git is buggy. It's stretched and cropped  on steel dragon at bottom.
Im sorry i often misstype because im using cellphone...Y( '',)Y
is it okay without the mvu flag hack? not much else has changed aside from that.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I'm sorry. I'm off topic
Im sorry i often misstype because im using cellphone...Y( '',)Y
(11-19-2015, 12:36 PM)refraction Wrote: is it okay without the mvu flag hack?  not much else has changed aside from that.

I dont understand the issue. But I merged a change (couple weeks ago) that limit the size of NTSC game to 448 lines (that impact the full screen)
I just texted the latest build and DQ8 has no such issue atlest in Opengl mode, dont know about DX11 as i stop using it