Street Fighter Alpha Anthology
this collection of all 2D games runs very slow.

the game selection menu runs smooth, but once i launch a game the framerate dramatically drops to 20-40fps even in static screens with only text displayed on a black background.

i tried all the settings combinations in GSDX or ZeroGS to no avail.
note: setting Renderer to Direct3D9 (Hardware) in GSDX results in terrible graphical glitches.
the game is rendered perfectly in Direct3D9 (Software) though.

other more demanding games like King Of Fighters 98/2002, Marvel vs Capcom2, Capcom vs SNK2 run flawlessly

i suspect the emulation for this game isn't optimal (pretty obvious) and i was wondering if you could look into it.

i'd love to have this game running at fullspeed.

Sponsored links

What are your system specs, slow PC's cant give good performance with pcsx2.
Some games have graphical glitches in GSdx hardware mode.
Have you tried to enable NATIVE option in GSdx, it solves many of the graphical related issues.
Intel Core2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.74 GHz, ATI Radeon HD 3850, 2 GB RAM
but i run far more complex games fine (King Of Fighters 98/2002, Marvel vs Capcom2, Capcom vs SNK2)

also i tried all the settings possible, me and several other people..
like i said even the static screens (text on a background) run at 20-40 fps
this is most certainly an emulation issue..

it's impossible to have Street Fighter Alpha1 from 1995 running so bad, when fighting games with 3D backgrounds and flashy particle effects like Capcom vs SNK2 and Marvel vs Capcom2 (2001-2002) run perfectly.
(03-14-2009, 07:02 PM)LeSharK Wrote: Intel Core2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.74 GHz, ATI Radeon HD 3850, 2 GB RAM
but i run far more complex games fine (King Of Fighters 98/2002, Marvel vs Capcom2, Capcom vs SNK2)

also i tried all the settings possible, me and several other people..
like i said even the static screens (text on a background) run at 20-40 fps
this is most certainly an emulation issue..

it's impossible to have Street Fighter Alpha1 from 1995 running so bad, when fighting games with 3D backgrounds and flashy particle effects like Capcom vs SNK2 and Marvel vs Capcom2 (2001-2002) run perfectly.

lol capcom vs snk and Marvel vs Capcom2 are 2D games. and run fast even on single core cpu's which are way slow than dual core cpu's
I also noticed that you have ati video card, ATI cards run slow on pcsx2.
Try enabling NATIVE option in GSdx and disabling texture filtering.
turn ON all the speed hacks and keep the advanced options at default.
Use VU skip
i said "CVS2 and MVC2 have 3D backgrounds": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M4n90gcswk&fmt=18

i already told you i tried all the settings (GSDX with all renderers and possible combinations of settings including native and custom resolutions, same for ZeroGS and of course i have the speedhacks turned ON otherwise i wouldn't get the rest of the games to run PERFECT)

*sigh*
I will try this game when I get home, but I'm wondering if you played with the graphics smoothing settings in game. Turning smoothing off makes other 2D fighters playable. I'm also wondering if it is possible to enable progressive scan mode for better performance.
it doesn't have a sprite smoothing setting in-game

that setting solved my problem for King Of Fighters 98/2002 Ultimate Match
(03-23-2009, 11:18 PM)neohx_7 Wrote: I will try this game when I get home, but I'm wondering if you played with the graphics smoothing settings in game. Turning smoothing off makes other 2D fighters playable. I'm also wondering if it is possible to enable progressive scan mode for better performance.
This setting had no effect. The games are unplayable on a system that gets 55fps in FFXII Rabanastre and it is actually pretty funny considering how smooth all the other 2D games are.
just as i suspected.. there is an emulation bug after launching the game from that selection menu
update on this game:

with the latest update i get 40-50 fps in menus and solid 60 fps in-game.. only that the game feels running at 1/2 of the normal speed.

any other settings has the same outcome.