Strong computer, but pcsx2 works slow!
Hi.
I've tried to to install many versions of pcsx2 and tried many configurations but none of them worked.
my comp specs are : HD5770 1GB gpu, 2gb ram, amd athlon x4 620 2.6ghz
OS windows 7.

the only game I have atm is Tekken 5 which works very slow! the graphics look bad and kinda blurry.

the one problem I've found is that I cant use any graphic plugin other than sse2.

How can I solve this? I've tried so many different ways...

Sponsored links

1 - 2.6 Ghz is a bit slow for a demanding game like tekken 5.
2 - Since it's an AMD CPU, you'll be stuck with gsdx SSE2 version since SSSE3 & SSE4.1 only work with intel cpus
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
so the fact that the cpu is a quad-core doesnt make any difference?
lets say I had an high-end cpu but it ran on 2.6ghz, would it still run slowly?

will I at least be able to run platformer games such as ratchet, jak, sly... at full speed?
read the FAQ, you'll find out pcsx2 uses only 2 cores.
some games will require something like 3.0 ghz to 3.5 ghz to run @full speed. Games like jak, sly, or ratchet...
Are there any specific settings that might help?
I thought my computer could handle this without any problem...
Could? No, not at that rate (clockrate, that is).

You will need to overclock your processor and use some Speedhacks. Consider the dated architecture of your CPU, and it's serious clock-for-clock disadvantage:

PCSX2 Benchmark Wrote:60.26 FPS - SLUS 20672 - Intel Core i5 2500K - 3.0 GHz (Underclock) - Rezard
58.50 FPS - SLUS 20672 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE - 4.0 GHz OC - Rezard

This is what really matters with PCSX2. The power of the core(s), not how many their are in excess. It takes the 2500K @ 3.0Ghz to run Tekken 5 comfortably (with little need of Speedhacks).

You really are gonna need more speed (based on my experience), especially if you want the game to stay running smooth. If you want to get the most out of what you have, try a low resolution, superVUs help, and try using the Preset in the Speedhacks. Smile
Thanks for the replies.
So the strong gpu doesnt have much influence on the gameplay right?
Depends...

If the game's bottleneck is the GPU then yeah, a strong GPU should help with speed.
If the game's bottleneck is the CPU then all a strong GPU would let you do is set a higher resolution but not increase speed.

In this case Tekken 5's bottleneck is the CPU, you could try enabling some speedhacks like the VU cycle stealing one set to "moderate" and that should help a bit.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
hi another issue i have too. with a amd athlon x2 5400+, leadtek winfast gts 250 512/256, 2gb of ram, mb asus m3a78-cm, gow 1 and gow 2 are working with pcsx 0.9.7 with 30 fps...i am a noob with pcsx, but i have read some on internet, made some new configurations on it, but still it work with 30 fps...someone has a good config of bios and plugins and a pcsx to run smoothly gow 1 and 2?
Gow 1 & 2 are very demanding, and your CPU may be a bit weak.
Try setting vu cycle stealing to moderate, it may help