Strong lags with Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition Remix (NTSC)
Hello forums. I have a really strange problem with Midnight Club 3:
If I drive it laggs like hell (FPS going down to 30), these effects do not occur if I stand still. Now here's the strange part: If I watch the replay it does not lag, when I choose a camera that not follows the direction of the car. If I choose a camera that follow's the direction of the car (Front bumper view for example), it starts to lag again. After some time the program crashes completely. And one more problem: the game glitches and crashes when playing movies.

I played around with some speedhacks and such and the fps are now around 35-40 (can get around 25 in town, if the EE Cyclerate speedhack s on) when driving. I already tried software mode (which let the game run WORSE), that doesn't work either.

Here are my specs:
Code:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 Processor
Graphic Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450
RAM: 4.00GB DDR2

Resolution: 1280x1024
DirectX: DirectX 10
Graphic Driver Version: 9.12.0.0
Too weak? Sad

Here are my settings (Sorry for german language):[Image: pcsx2_CoreSettings_EE-IOP.png]
[Image: pcsx2_CoreSettings_GS%20Fenster.png]
[Image: pcsx2_CoreSettings_GS.png]
[Image: pcsx2_CoreSettings_Speedhacks.png]
[Image: pcsx2_CoreSettings_Spielefixes.png]
[Image: pcsx2_CoreSettings_VUs.png]
[Image: Graphic%20Settings.png]

EDIT: Movie and crash issues fixed. Thanks to Coornio!

Sponsored links

The crashing-during-cutscenes part doesn't occur in the SVN builds, you can get it from here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

As for the drop in the framerate when driving, it's a known problem. My guess is that the game is really just very expensive due to the city view.

As for the "crashing after a while", check task manager and see the memory consumption of pcsx2.exe. Chances are it uses more memory than the operating system is willing to give it, i think it was a bug. It doesn't happen in the SVN anymore.

Also, it's advised you never put the VU cycle stealing on the highest setting. The chances of it actually helping some game are extremely slim, and can produce false FPS readings. Downclocking the EE through the cyclerate hack can also cause slowdowns in certain games, so make sure you're not slowing yourself down by trying to get more speed Tongue
(07-07-2013, 02:04 AM)Coornio Wrote: The crashing-during-cutscenes part doesn't occur in the SVN builds, you can get it from here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

As for the drop in the framerate when driving, it's a known problem but i have no idea why it happens or how to fix it. My guess is that it really is just very expensive.

As for the "crashing after a while", check task manager and see the memory consumption of pcsx2.exe. Chances are it uses more memory than the operating system is willing to give it, i think it was a bug. It doesn't happen in the SVN anymore.

Also, it's advised you never put the VU cycle stealing on the highest setting. The chances of it actually helping some game are extremely slim, and can produce false FPS readings. Downclocking the EE through the cyclerate hack can also cause slowdowns in certain games, so make sure you're not slowing yourself down by trying to get more speed Tongue

Thanks for the nice tips. The movie issue is now gone and the game doesn't crash anymore. Isn't there a way to remove the blur effect by editing something in the .iso? Because Rockstar always added some useful setting files to their games (Like in GTA). Can someone offer me a program, that can change PS2 iso's without destroying the PS2 format? (Im scared from RSOD :c)
Try different skipdraw values, also try lowering the EE and VU hacks.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
(07-07-2013, 02:20 AM)GERgta Wrote: Thanks for the nice tips. The movie issue is now gone and the game doesn't crash anymore. Isn't there a way to remove the blur effect by editing something in the .iso? Because Rockstar always added some useful setting files to their games (Like in GTA). Can someone offer me a program, that can change PS2 iso's without destroying the PS2 format? (Im scared from RSOD :c)

Oh no blur effect, i was just thinking of a different game when i wrote that part but fixed it in the edit.
(07-07-2013, 03:24 AM)Coornio Wrote: Oh no blur effect, i was just thinking of a different game when i wrote that part but fixed it in the edit.

Midnight Club 3 has this blur effects. It makes perfect sense, because on the cameras that follow the direction of the car have all blur. There must be a way to fix this. Or do I have to take the PSP Version with a PSP Emulator?
Once again, try skipdraw
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming