Stuck at "Now Loading"
Exclamation 
When trying to run Disgaea 2 and Makai Kingdom it feezes at the "Now Loading" window. I am using pcsx2t.exe version 0.9.1 Watermoose-non VM. I know it may be a old version but it got me farther than the latest version. I believe I tried every combination of Cdvdrom and Graphics but to no avail.

Window xp home edition 32-bit SP3
Intel Celeron D 3.2 GHz single core
2 GBs of RAM
8500 GT NVidia 512 MBs of video ram PCI-express
SB X-fi Audio [E800] sound card

Sponsored links

disgaea 2 runs fine with latest 0.9.6.
Try to redump your iso from original DVD, and post your plugins config
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-19-2009, 02:10 AM)jesalvein Wrote: disgaea 2 runs fine with latest 0.9.6.
Try to redump your iso from original DVD, and post your plugins config

Is there a desired folder to place the iso?
I got to the PS2 bios where I can set it up as if you first started up the PS2 and I can view the Browser and configuration, but in the browser the game doesn't show up. I have it set up to

Graphics:
GSDx9 (MSVC 14.00, SSE2) 0.9.0

Cdvdrom:
Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0

Sound:
P.E.Op.S. SPU2 1.9.0

Dev9, USB, and Firewire are all nulled
First of all your pcsx2 version(0.9.1)is WAY old and MUCH slower than 0.9.6...also P.E.Op.S in almost all of the cases give you horrible sound/crash the emu and for sure slow the emu down.You GSdx version is too old too.

Download the newest pcsx2 0.9.6 and try again but make sure to enable from speed hacks the INTC sync hack because with that Celeron you'll almost wont get any playable speed on any game that requares more CPU power
(03-19-2009, 02:53 AM)vsub Wrote: First of all your pcsx2 version(0.9.1)is WAY old and MUCH slower than 0.9.6...also P.E.Op.S in almost all of the cases give you horrible sound/crash the emu and for sure slow the emu down.You GSdx version is too old too.

Download the newest pcsx2 0.9.6 and try again but make sure to enable from speed hacks the INTC sync hack because with that Celeron you'll almost wont get any playable speed on any game that requares more CPU power

I installed the latest 0.9.6 and I enabled INTC sync hack, but what is the preferred sound and graphic plug-in I should select? I just now dumped the ISO from the DVD, but why isn't the game showing up in the browser? Do I need to skip the bios altogether and go straight into the game?
(03-19-2009, 03:12 AM)japanimater Wrote:
(03-19-2009, 02:53 AM)vsub Wrote: First of all your pcsx2 version(0.9.1)is WAY old and MUCH slower than 0.9.6...also P.E.Op.S in almost all of the cases give you horrible sound/crash the emu and for sure slow the emu down.You GSdx version is too old too.

I installed the latest 0.9.6 and I enabled INTC sync hack, but what is the preferred sound and graphic plug-in I should select?

SPU2-X gives you better sound with less problem but it cost speed.ZeroSPU2 will be the better choice...for video GSdx and CDVD Linuzappz ISO

BTW did you read the configuration guide?
(03-19-2009, 03:19 AM)vsub Wrote:
(03-19-2009, 03:12 AM)japanimater Wrote:

I installed the latest 0.9.6 and I enabled INTC sync hack, but what is the preferred sound and graphic plug-in I should select?

SPU2-X gives you better sound with less problem but it cost speed.ZeroSPU2 will be the better choice...for video GSdx and CDVD Linuzappz ISO

BTW did you read the configuration guide?

Yes I did read it and found it helpful in some areas and confusing in others, but after that dumping of the ISO and a configuration I found to work I finally got past the loading screen in Makai Kingdom but I don't know how stable it is with the current settings till I try to increase screen ratio, resolution, etc and til I play it.

The settings I used to get it to work is as follows and please if you think a different configuration will give me better results then I implore you to share them.

Graphics:
ZeroGS KOSMOS nonSSE2 0.95.2
default settings

Sound:
ZeroSPU2 r514-Dev 0.4.6
default settings

First Controller:
SSSPSX PAD Plugin 1.6.0
Provided own controller

Cdvdrom:
Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0
In select Iso I linked it to the Dump folder where I had the dumped Iso file from the disc and enabled Block Dump => "ISO name.dump". I had to use "EFP polling CDVD Driver 0.6.0" to create the ISO file

Usb, Firewire, and Dev9 is nulled

I am grateful for the contribution of this community to such a fine LEGAL, virus/spyware free emulator and I hope for the day when this program can be made easily accessible to people who are more computer illiterate than me. I hope that I can play a role to helping this program be as accessible as Zsnes.
Why are you using the noSSE2 version,I think your processor supports SSE2.Try using the SSE2 version of GSdx instead or if you want to use ZeroGS use the SSE2 version.

BTW that version of ZeroGS is too old too
(03-19-2009, 05:07 AM)vsub Wrote: Why are you using the noSSE2 version,I think your processor supports SSE2.Try using the SSE2 version of GSdx instead or if you want to use ZeroGS use the SSE2 version.

BTW that version of ZeroGS is too old too

Because my processor doesn't support anything above SSE2 and even with that the max shader I can use without the game crashing is pixel shader 1.4 and even then a lot of stuff gets left out even my card is capable of pixel shader 3.0, after fooling around with the configurations I switched to

Graphics:
ZeroGS 0.97.1
Everything unchecked and no anti-aliasing

Sound:
SPU2-X 1.1.0
Disabled Audio Expansion

I am using Disgaea 2 to test all of my settings and the only problems I am having now after my changing of configs is a smooth reduced speed of sound and video because before the sound was stuttering bad and somehow made the video stutter as well. I am able to stay around a average of 45 fps which it is still very playable considering I am mainly going to play low graphic games like Disgaea and Makai and other RPGs.

EDIT: I recede my previous statement, I get 40-ish fps when not around alot of NPC's which then it will drop to the 20s