Stuntman GSDx out-of-memory error problem
Sad 
Hello! I am a new user as of 5 minutes ago. I have recently been enjoying the PCSX 1.2.1, and have figured it out accordingly. I want to thank Gabest for this wonderful program and thank everyone on the forum for their work on making it a better program. But to my problem: I have recently been trying to play Stuntman. As of late, graphical bugs were garbling the game and it's framerate. However, after researching the GSDx error itself, I have come upon the 4gb patch. I applied this, and it made the game MUCH more playable. However, Stuntman is a HEAVILY-scripted game, with many things happening at once, with AI, script, and physical events all happening at once, this causes much stress on the computer. I run an Intel Core i5-4460 CPU w/ 3.2 Ghz and 12GB of RAM. It is a 64-bit with Windows 8.1 OS. I understand my computer is more than capable of running this game, and I feel like I know how to fix the problem, maybe more virtual memory? I need confirmation on this, and if someone could post their suggestion, I am willing to try it. Sorry for the long first post, but I want to give as much details as possible. Get back to me ASAP, thanks.

Sponsored links

patch PCSX2's exe with this

http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=52578

(it allows PCSX2 To use more RAM)
(01-14-2015, 05:03 AM)Serial Hacker Wrote: patch PCSX2's exe with this

http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=52578

(it allows PCSX2 To use more RAM)

Thank you, but I have already used this. This is what I was thinking, but something a little more. I wanted to know if there is another solution, or if I need to find a sort of 6gb patch. Apologies for not posting I used this. If I can fix those moments where AI and script gets too much and the frames drop, that would be great. If there is no solution yet, then I will live with it until there is one. Thank you for your suggestion. Smile
Lol AFAIK there is no 6GB patch.

Try running in software maybe. Sometimes that fixes the OOM problem
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(01-14-2015, 11:32 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Lol AFAIK there is no 6GB patch.

Try running in software maybe. Sometimes that fixes the OOM problem

I have also done this too, as it seems it is mandatory to play the game. Thank you for the input, as it confirms my thought of the same thing that there is no 6gb patch. I'm assuming more general experimentation with PCSX2 1.2.1?
(sorry for the bump, but it's the most recent topic pertaining to Stuntman on PCSX2)
This 4gb ram patch is a dud. Stuntman is fine with GSDX 3068 in DX9 software with max speedhacks. The AI in a few chase scenes is still broken, much like on EU backwards compatible PS3s.
(07-05-2015, 05:21 PM)TheWheelman Wrote: (sorry for the bump, but it's the most recent topic pertaining to Stuntman on PCSX2)
This 4gb ram patch is a dud. Stuntman is fine with GSDX 3068 in DX9 software with max speedhacks. The AI in a few chase scenes is still broken, much like on EU backwards compatible PS3s.

Changes to the VU cycle helps the speed in software. Dying for this game to get fixed in HW....
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.3 ghz. (Sandy Bridge CPU) / Asus P8P67 / 4 Gig Ram / GeForce GTX 660/ Creative X-fi / Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit