Stuttering/Slow Emu
well.. I know I could do it on that chip..

Sponsored links

(07-17-2015, 02:14 AM)Saiki Wrote: 3 ghz will EASILY cover it
See below for my last post, I have a new pc now.
(07-17-2015, 01:43 AM)Expression93 Wrote: Bought a new PC, yesterday, here's what I now have:
CPU: i5-4690k
GPU: GTX 970
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1333mhz
Win 7 x64 Ult
Also will be running PCSX2 on an SSD.

(07-17-2015, 02:44 AM)refraction Wrote: You think? My old 920 couldn't maintain a constant 60fps on MGS3 at 3.4 and I'm pretty sure the STP at that speed on that cpu would be much higher than that amd chip
I have a new pc that has higher specs, any opinion on the new specs?
You are running pretty much the exact same rig as me now. It should run really well on there. I recommend overclocking that CPU to 4 to 4.4Ghz (if you have a decent cooler) the chip performs very nicely at that
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-17-2015, 05:38 PM)refraction Wrote: You are running pretty much the exact same rig as me now. It should run really well on there. I recommend overclocking that CPU to 4 to 4.4Ghz (if you have a decent cooler) the chip performs very nicely at that

Ok I'll give it a try, just installing all the pcsx software again to try it, so fingers crossed.

I am just at the 1st Time Conf menu on the client, what is the best GS Plugin for me to use? I notice there are many versions supporting various Instruction Sets that my CPU also supports but not sure which is quickest/best? I'm sure I've seen a thread about it before but I cannot find it now...

I don't think I'll be worrying about overclocking at the moment, I only have stock cooling on it, I may do in the future if I get a better cooler though, it's got turbo enabled though so it clocks itself to 3.9ghz most of the time.
General thumb rule:
AVX is faster than SSE
Higher numbers are better than lower ones.
(07-17-2015, 05:53 PM)willkuer Wrote: General thumb rule:
AVX is faster than SSE
Higher numbers are better than lower ones.
I found the thread again that talks about it, and it says that AVX is only faster on software rendering, should I still use AVX anyway (as in, does it provide other benefits) or can I just stick to SSE41?
AVX has all the stuffs SSE4.1 already has, just use AVX and you'll be fine. Wink
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
There _might_ be a very small hardly explainable improvement of sse4.1 over avx in hardware mode. This is not in agreement with the code base but could be due to some optimization artifact or god interfering with the compiler. I would just ignore that and use AVX (as ssakash already said).
Apart from the occasional bit of crackly audio the game runs fine, using AVX2.
(07-17-2015, 05:58 PM)ssakash Wrote: AVX has all the stuffs SSE4.1 already has, just use AVX and you'll be fine. Wink

AVX is slower in HW. AVX2 is about the same as SSE4.1 in HW and faster in SW.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]