Stuttering/Slow Emu
Hey all,

I really don't want to come across as complaining here, because I really am not. It's very satisfying to have the ability to once again play PS2 games, however the problem I am getting is quite a common one I am sure, but I've done a bit of reading of various forum threads and tweaked around the settings of PCSX2 a lot, and I just cannot get it to run right.

Basically, I'm getting a some kind of a stuttering/slow emulation issue, coupled with low bandwidth audio (goes all static and crackly). The strange part is this does not happen all the time!

In certain parts of the game there's no problem at all, other times? It's just simply unplayable. A couple areas where I have noticed this in particular:
  • When the game is moving the camera from 3rd Person to 1st Person View, or back again.
  • When outside on the Tanker section of the game, with the rain.

This is by no means the only times where this happens though.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
You might get those stutterings if your processor is unable to cope up with the demanding scenes, please provide your emulog.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Hardware Specs
  • CPU: Athlon II X4 640 (Quad 3ghz)
  • GPU: XFX HD 6870 1GB GDDR5
  • Memory: 8GB DD3
  • Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

New specs:
CPU: i5-4690k
GPU: GTX 970
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1333mhz
Win 7 x64 Ult
Also will be running PCSX2 on an SSD.

PCSX2 Version: 1.2.1

I probably have a lot of non-default settings, I'll go round and screenshot them all, and upload them.
Click here - This is a .rar Archive of screenshots from all the settings pages.
+Enable Widescreen Patches & Automatic Gamefixes
Emu Log

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty from ISO
Get a better machine and you'll good to go. That rig is way too weak.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
thread reopened after the user proved he actually owns a PS2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
MGS series are quite demanding, unfortunately that Processor won't cut it. Sad
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(07-16-2015, 06:14 PM)ssakash Wrote: MGS series are quite demanding, unfortunately that Processor won't cut it. Sad

Bought a new PC, yesterday, here's what I now have:
CPU: i5-4690k
GPU: GTX 970
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1333mhz
Win 7 x64 Ult
Also will be running PCSX2 on an SSD.
(07-16-2015, 06:14 PM)ssakash Wrote: MGS series are quite demanding, unfortunately that Processor won't cut it. Sad

3 ghz will EASILY cover it
(07-17-2015, 02:14 AM)Saiki Wrote: 3 ghz will EASILY cover it

You think? My old 920 couldn't maintain a constant 60fps on MGS3 at 3.4 and I'm pretty sure the STP at that speed on that cpu would be much higher than that amd chip
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]