CPU: AMD FX8350
GPU: 2x NVidia GTX 670 SLI
RAM: 16GB 1600MHz
HDD: 2x Corsair Force 3 SSD's RAID 0
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
PCSX2 1.0.0 revision 5625
GSdx 0.1.16
SPU2-X 2.0.0
So, I was having a great time playing through the SWBF2 campaign mode at a constant 60FPS, but when I got to the last mission on Hoth the frame rate dropped under 25FPS. I tried fiddling with all the GS settings using DX 9 and 11 in both software and hardware modes. I already used the 4GB patch on the program (needed to in order to stop artifacting in Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2), but going back to the standard version did nothing at all. I posted a memcard with the campaign save right at Hoth (you need to play as drthCHEESE). Help?

Sponsored links

What are the EE and GS% at the top of the screen during the slowdowns?
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Also make sure that you don't use SLI for PCSX2 I thought it wouldn't increase the FPS that much.
Huh, randomness be dammed. Yesterday I couldn't get anything over 30FPS on Hoth, but today it runs just fine (even when I turn off all speed hacks except multi-threaded micro VU). I'll try and see if I can replicate the error, but as for now it doesn't seem to have a problem.
Quote:So, I was having a great time playing through the SWBF2 campaign mode at a constant 60FPS

I'm having a terrible time getting Star Wars Battlefront II to work - could you offer any tips? I get a black sky and very dark graphics overall, and nothing I've tried makes any difference (GSDX hardware mode).
Well, the dark sky is caused by using hardware mode in the GSdx plugin. If you use DX9 software mode, turn extra rendering threads up to at least 4, enable Multicore VU (if your system supports it), and the basic speed hacks you should have a smooth, good-looking game. The only problems I've ever had (other than what I posted at the top of the page) is in space combat. Software DX modes run slow, but hardware DX modes run well with some graphical errors.
Quote:Well, the dark sky is caused by using hardware mode in the GSdx plugin

Such a shame that the only solution is software mode, my CPU really isn't up to it. Thanks for the help though!
Yeah, not even my friend's i7 875K can really keep up with this emulator in software mode. It certainly takes a lot of power to run this thing well. I wonder how a new i7 (like the 3960X or something) would run this emulator. I have the top-of-the-line AMD chip right now and I must say that it runs quite well.