Suggestion: Let's Use Coubs and #pcsx2 to Help Promote PCSX2!
Hello!

Let me introduce you people to how I had gotten to this idea of promotion through this method.

When I had originally gotten PCSX2, I had always wanted to make sure I had made Fraps recordings of gameplay and great moments. As time went on, I have in total recorded about 500GB or so of Fraps Footage (which I am still compressing into Mp4s to saves space).

I confess that I am active on I-Funny, and I needed content to delight my miniscule fanbase, and I wanted to make sure that 99.99% of my content was my own, so I decided to convert my Fraps footage into Mp4s, watermark them with the notification that they were emulated with PCSX2, and posted them onto my profile.

So far, I think I am the only person on that hell-hole of a site that regularly post PCSX2 content on it. But, I am gaining quite a bit of praise from it for my consistency from my followers. I understand that this is probably way too much work for such a tiny amount of people, but I feel that quality content is key, no matter how large the audience.

Then I had realized that I am the sole person on Coub that posts using #pcsx2. with nearly 170 videos with the hashtag in it, I am the overwhelming champion of that small phrase.

Coub itself is fairly powerful when it comes to uploading easily sharable footage unto the internet. 10 seconds, pretty high resolution, not to many frills. The community appears to be reasonably friendly as well.

From what I see, if more people post excellent Gameplay Footage of emulated PS2 classics, we can garner more attention and fans, as people will inquire just how they got their childhoods to look so pretty. New members of the community always help!

I am not paid by these people, I just think that Coub can provide people with easy ways to share emulated footy, and with the use of #pcsx2, we can gain a greater audience one way or another and get people interested in our cause.

Here is a link to one of my videos of Jak 2 on my Coub profile. It makes for a good example of the kind of snappy content that can be done with Coub, and the quality of the video over something like Vine: http://coub.com/view/cz07h

Here is the link to my Coub Profile, if you want to subscribe to that as well. http://coub.com/b31ce962a63a75fc53f66d4f5f647def

If you wish to check out my profile on I-Funny, if any other sane person is actually on that thing anymore. http://ifunny.co/KilledAlive

Feel Free to take a look at my respective profiles, and comment about this sort of thing as a promotional tool!
Thanks!

Sponsored links

Looking at the site, it clearly isn't "family friendly" in terms of the content users host there. I don't think PCSX2 really needs promoting. 

The code is open-source and we don't get compensated for our work. We're the only PS2 emu still in development, and we get plenty of daily traffic from users asking for support.

Tl;DR, people know we're not dead. We still have a strong enough fanbase that makes it worthwhile to continue development and keep us motivated Wink
(07-17-2016, 07:30 PM)CK1 Wrote: Looking at the site, it clearly isn't "family friendly" in terms of the content users host there. I don't think PCSX2 really needs promoting. 

The code is open-source and we don't get compensated for our work. We're the only PS2 emu still in development, and we get plenty of daily traffic from users asking for support.

Tl;DR, people know we're not dead. We still have a strong enough fanbase that makes it worthwhile to continue development and keep us motivated Wink

Thanks for the input! I did not mean that Coub was family friendly, but that its community was less toxic than most out there. It's like Hanford compared to Chernobyl. 

I was just bringing it up as an idea and a suggestion. I am glad that our reach is so widespread, I was just thinking of another way to get people interested!

I will continue my work with using Coub to help promote such a great emulator! Feel free to check out my content!