Suikoden 5 questions.
Hello there everyone on the PCSX2 forums. I finally decided to test again PCSX2 after so many years and I am amazed on how well it works now (maybe the difference on the computer too).

I am using my laptop
Dell XPS 1645 - i7-720QM - ATI 5730 1GB - 4GB Ram
and my desktop
Core2Quad Q9400 - Ati 4870 512MB - 4GB Ram

All I did was to choose on both the SSE4.1 version of GS, put DX10 (on desktop) and DX11 (on laptop) hardware and tick native resolution (using any of the native x2 had no effect).

On the desktop the game runs fluidly and on the laptop it has some small slowdowns that I hardly feel and the game is running between 55 and 57 fps (I am still in the beginning on the game). I looked through the forums and I found that the game has 2 problems at a storm video and when you get all 108 stars. I was wondering if both are video problems if its possible to edit the video files inside the game image to make them work. Also are there any setting recommended or maybe different plugins?

Thank you for all the help that will be provided and I wish you have a good day.

Sponsored links

As far as I know the video issues should be fixed by now.
Oh its nice to know then Smile All I have to do is just go in and play I guess. Thanks Smile
Ok |I just wanted to say that I am experiencing random slowdowns on videos. I do not know what EE is but it is usually 80+% and drops to 60+% when the video lags. I am using the desktop with hardware DX10 accelerations with SSE4.1 version of the plugin.

-Edit-

I switched to DX9 and have been running the opening video a couple of times and only had this random slowdown once. I run skype at the same time and ofcourse my google chrome. Is there a difference in quality between DX10 and DX9 option?

-Edit 2-

I guess its the graphics. I turned DX10 back and just set the affinity on skype and pcsx2 in different cores, 1 for skype 3 of pcsx2. Now EE goes down to 60 but I hear no audio lags and the video seems to go semismoothly and nicely.
rly? i can run the videos @100+fps~ with no glitches, u maybe wanna try with EE @2 in the hack section, maybe that can help u
Thanks a lot for the reply ecchiless! Using that does indeed help the desktop and I get no even random lags here and there on DX10,and the laptop same thing but on DX9. Is there a big difference between GSDX9 and GSDX10?
(09-21-2011, 05:22 AM)weltall2 Wrote: Thanks a lot for the reply ecchiless! Using that does indeed help the desktop and I get no even random lags here and there on DX10,and the laptop same thing but on DX9. Is there a big difference between GSDX9 and GSDX10?

iirc 10-15% in performance, and better graphics. so yea 10-11 is better >_>
10-15%+? because when I load them it makes things slower. Well I will keep trying to see if I am doing something wrong.
It depends on the game. Some games don't benefit at all in speed when you go from DX9->DX10, some get huge speedups and some rare cases even get slowdowns. It's all relative but in general DX10 is a good bit faster.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Well in this case using DX9 makes the game faster and after doing a comparison with screenshots the only difference is that with DX9 the shadows are square in battles. I guess I won't play on the laptop since even with the option EE @2 like echiless suggested I get this annoying v-async with my top part of the game screen moving before the bottom.