Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suikoden 5 - what is this?
Already 70 hours of gameplay but I still don't know what this means.

Edit: Rolleyes

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

I think it's how many times you can cast magic of that level. Some kind of MP then.
Btw, this looks so ugly (but I also played this game this way Tongue2 ).
haha those square things by the characters names? That is your magic. You know how all magic runes have 4 different spells? Each row of squares represents how many times you can cast a certain spell. When a square is grayed out that means you have already casted that spell.
(01-04-2010, 06:38 PM)rama Wrote: Btw, this looks so ugly (but I also played this game this way Tongue2 ).

Well I'm using my tv-tuner and ones you get use to,it's not so ugly Smile.The screenshots looks little uglier than the real thing(in most of the cases the games looks better on my 21inch tv)
And yes the edit was because I find for what are they.
Haha, I loved Suikoden 5 when I played it about a year ago, intensely so. I loved it for the aspect that it doesn't explain some portions of the game, you have to find out yourself, luckily I have a good grasp of these things, so I worked out what they were pretty much 30 hours in.

It's an addictive game isn't it?
[Image: 2212125.png]
| XFX HD6950 2048MB @ 900/1400 |
Except that it takes sooo long to get interesting. I mean man! That were some boring first 10 hours of a game Tongue2
(Then it picked up though, and got great Wink )
(01-05-2010, 03:04 AM)rama Wrote: Except that it takes sooo long to get interesting. I mean man! That were some boring first 10 hours of a game Tongue2
(Then it picked up though, and got great Wink )

I don't know...it wasn't boring,I'm playing it for the first time and the game is good(4 of my characters are doing 2x damage with normal attacks and the other two are doing 4x damage and when I use the True Man formation skill,every boss till now dies from that attack)
I didn't think it was boring o.o, I little bland maybe, the battle system I'm talking about, summons would be nice, but I thought it suited the game/story quite well.

I'm also a fan of Suikoden Tactics Smile
[Image: 2212125.png]
| XFX HD6950 2048MB @ 900/1400 |
I must've played too many of these games then. But basically there's just tidbits of (boring) story thrown at you in the beginning hours.
You then proceed to climb generic mountains a, b and c, explore generic city a and b and then fight 1000 battles (generic again Tongue ).
It's just not motivating you to do any of this stuff.
And battles alone don't make a game for me. I've played too many RPG to be interested in leveling up random dudes again Tongue2
i agree with you rama,it is kinda boring at the beginning...
for me, the game started to get interesting when the hero acquired the Dawn rune which is about 10 hours of gameplay...
and man there is too many character in suikoden game
CPU: AMD FX™-4100 3.6Ghz
Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M LX
RAM: Mushkin 4GB DDR3
GPU: AMD RADEON HD6670