My crc is E857CCF8

(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLES_540.87;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = PAL
ELF (cdrom0:\SLES_540.87;1) Game CRC = 0xE857CCF8, EntryPoint = 0x00100008

Do you think that patch works? There are cheat somewhere usable with emuhaste? I haven't found it...

Sponsored links

(03-01-2014, 04:34 PM)Shika93 Wrote: I saw here
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...hes-here#S
the codes of Suikoden 5.
My crc is E857CCF8

ELF (cdrom0:\SLES_540.87;1) Game CRC = 0xE857CCF8, EntryPoint = 0x00100008

Do you think that patch works? There are cheat somewhere usable with emuhaste? I haven't found it...

Your game is the Europe version and the standard is PAL, so there is a chance that the last one at the link might work for you.

The CRC is not good to determine the cheat codes which will work. There is an application called Ps2vers which analyses the game and returns a long hexadecimal stream which unequivocally identifies the game (and is used at codebreaker sites, I believe).

For now, try the codes for the 9CD9C449 CRC although the link is malformed. copy the http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=15690 and download the file from it. Someone could fix the link, it is missing the right bracket after "code"
Imagination is where we are truly real
Thanks for the answer.
I'm using pcsx2 1.0.0 and I've enabled cheats form System but all parameters still as before.
I wrong something?
(03-01-2014, 05:35 PM)Shika93 Wrote: Thanks for the answer.
I'm using pcsx2 1.0.0 and I've enabled cheats form System but all parameters still as before.
I wrong something?

First advice is to update PCSX2.

Now to understand what is wrong we need more information. The CRC is correct and you got it from the right place. So this reduces the possible causes to a few ones.

1 - if you have PCSX2 installed on C:\Program Files (x86), uninstall it from there and install in a user created folder. Something like C:\PCSX2 or even another driver letter (partition) is good to go. Since you'll be updating, do it right anyway.

2 - Windows has a nasty tendency to hide file extensions by default. So you may read CRC.pnach but the file might be actually named CRC.pnach.txt where the txt extension does not show up. The advice in this case is going to the Explorer View options and make sure to setup Windows to show the blessed extensions.

3 - The pnach file must be under the /cheats directory under the same directory where PCSX2.exe is (the PCSX2 root directory).

Finally, if you have a non English setup make sure no special character appears on the pnach file, not even on comments. Alternatively you could change the file encoding to utf-8. Use a text editor like Notepad++ to do it easily.

Well. To be able to be more specific we need you post the message PCSX2 console have about the cheats and posting the actual pnach file being used might help understanding what might be wrong.

The last consideration is: Maybe the cheats are indeed wrong for your game version and then you'll need to search for correct ones a bit longer.
I think don't work for the version...

I've renamed 9CD9C449.pnach to E857CCF8.pnach and logs displays chats found, but they have no effect.
here

I also tried with this: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Help-with...ile--32140 b

With this one after choosed which frequency (50hz pal or 60hz ntfs [I use 50hz]) logs displays [url=http://oi57.tinypic.com/14idgdg.jpg]this[/ur] problem and after Konami logo, remain black screen
(03-01-2014, 07:19 PM)Shika93 Wrote: I think don't work for the version...

I've renamed 9CD9C449.pnach to E857CCF8.pnach and logs displays chats found, but they have no effect.
here

I also tried with this: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Help-with...ile--32140 b

With this one after choosed which frequency (50hz pal or 60hz ntfs [I use 50hz]) logs displays [url=http://oi57.tinypic.com/14idgdg.jpg]this[/ur] problem and after Konami logo, remain black screen

Indeed, the problem seems to be wrong version. Beware that even when not working the addresses at the cheat codes are filled which causes memory corruption. If you did any sstate after applying the cheats you should avoid them. If is at the game beginning OK, just start it again. If advanced in it go to a save point (after disabling all cheats) and save in memcard. quit the emulator completely and reload from the memcard to grant the memory is clean.

Sorry I have no cheats for that game version also. Maybe someone else can help you with it.

At least there is no doubt everything else is right and the cheat file was found indeed.

Edit: after granting the memory is clean the sstates you do are safe to use again. Just don't overdo it, sstates are good for quick saves in between save points but don't miss opportunities to make memcard saves every time it is possible.
I haven't use this patch. Only codes with emuhaste for Kingdom Hearts 2

Could I use Cheat Engine to modify directly the game? But I don't know which part change. Better not do it.

I could try to ask on that topic, if someone could make a patch for my version...If they do this...

Thank you for help!
(03-01-2014, 10:08 PM)Shika93 Wrote: I haven't use this patch. Only codes with emuhaste for Kingdom Hearts 2

Could I use Cheat Engine to modify directly the game? But I don't know which part change. Better not do it.

I could try to ask on that topic, if someone could make a patch for my version...If they do this...

Thank you for help!

Cheat engine is a wonderful application which allows testing and memory changes on fly. It has script capacities also but in it's easiest feature it's really simple to use.

Like cheat codes, the secret is to dabble with memory addresses and change the contents at will.

The simplest option is once you know a value (let's say the money amount) you search the memory for addresses containing this value.

Then you change it to some other value, like buying or selling an item and then search the previous addresses for those which changed to that new value.

The first search probably brings many addresses, possibly hundreds or thousands, the second search reduces the candidate addresses to just a few if not only one.

repeating the second step on the now few addresses almost certainly will bring the sought address, then you change it's content value to whatever you want and verify in game if it worked. If so you have the raw address you can write down as a cheat code and of course the value you want to put in there.

Basically is it, you may want to give it a try. Using it is more a question of common sense and creativity and not necessarily needing knowledge in programming.
CheatEnginge provides a nice tutorial how to cheat...

In principle converting a cheat from one version to another is often quite simple since there is just a constant offset in the addresses. But to know the offset you would need a working cheat in both versions...

You can also check for cheats on other sides (codebreaker, armax, or how are they called) and convert them to (raw) pnach-files using PCSX2-CE.
(03-01-2014, 10:23 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: The simplest option is once you know a value (let's say the money amount) you search the memory for addresses containing this value.

I thought do it like this, but I don't know how change the values. I must just change with a decimal value? I mean...I search 10 (Potch) and where find that value, I can change with 100 or 1000?
(03-01-2014, 10:40 PM)willkuer Wrote: You can also check for cheats on other sides (codebreaker, armax, or how are they called) and convert them to (raw) pnach-files using PCSX2-CE.
I never use codebreaker or other things. I don't know how they work...
I'll try to search something...Thanks!

Edit: awesome! I did it! I searched party SP and I've modified that value. I don't know how to modify charather stats, but I was interested to modify only SP value
Thank you very much!