Suikoden issues with Async audio
Uhm hi, I'm currently playing suikoden 3 and most people know how slow the pace of the game can be, so i've been playing with framelimit off, though my problem is because of it the audio has been also sped up but i do remember that async option makes the songs not speed up, any help?

I5 3570k Default clock
HD 7850 Default
8gb DDR5 Ram
[Image: 2555882.png]

Sponsored links

Well, hard to say that's an issue. Besides there is so much that can be done to synch sound to out of pace action.

If you can't stand the game's speed, toggling the frame limiter is bad idea to start with. Somewhat better would be the turbo function. It can be tweaked to give you just the speed gain to make the game comfortable to you and in this case with reasonable steadiness.

Not sure if will help that much the sound, it is a critical part of the emulation, the async mode can work nicely sometimes and fail totally in another.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I actually play it with frame limiter off due to how slow the game can be (like on the PS2, i remember falling asleep because of how slow you move and the text box are)

Ah well, I guess i'll stick with it like this, I remember Tales of Abyss with Frame limiter off but still audio was amazing, No sped up song or anything, anywho thank you.
[Image: 2555882.png]
(04-30-2014, 03:51 PM)Ashvanale Wrote: I actually play it with frame limiter off due to how slow the game can be (like on the PS2, i remember falling asleep because of how slow you move and the text box are)

Ah well, I guess i'll stick with it like this, I remember Tales of Abyss with Frame limiter off but still audio was amazing, No sped up song or anything, anywho thank you.

At this point I'm not sure if we are talking the same thing. The frame limiter is toggled by the F4 key, it has no limit at all and then have a very unstable speed.

The turbo on the other hand has a frame limit, in the default it is twice the normal speed, just that it is steady if the machine can get to it... but since it is customizable you can tweak it to increase the speed by any amount you want. Let's say 20% more (setting it to 120%) or 300% and so on.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(04-30-2014, 03:51 PM)Ashvanale Wrote: I actually play it with frame limiter off due to how slow the game can be (like on the PS2, i remember falling asleep because of how slow you move and the text box are)

if you play with framelimiter off audio will never be sync unless your pc specific holds 60fps it will either become to fast or to slow depending on how many fps