Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Super DBZ *.DAT file, Can I Extract Sound ??
Information 
Is there a way to do it ?
(own the game, nice game btw)
thanks.
[Image: Untitled.png]

Sponsored links

What do you want to do? If you simply want to record sound, pcsx2 can handle that.If want to get all the sound files that are there, use, Google People may make 3'rd party software to extract all the sound files that ere there in the game.

There isn't a need to extract all the sound, is there? Tongue2
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
Try asking at hcs.
(06-14-2011, 08:44 AM)recoder Wrote: What do you want to do? If you simply want to record sound, pcsx2 can handle that.If want to get all the sound files that are there, use, Google People may make 3'rd party software to extract all the sound files that ere there in the game.

There isn't a need to extract all the sound, is there? Tongue2

actually my goal is to extract all the dialog files.
(to bad it's not easy as DBZB1/2/3 when all you need is dkz studio...)

by the way, can you throw me a bone about the 3'rd party software ?
--

@DaMan
already did Wink

thanks guys.

Bump,
Recoder can you throw me a bone ?
thanks Wink
googletest Wrote:Recoder can you throw me a bone

No, i will hit you with a bone or better a hammer. Tongue2

Your goal seems to be like extracting all the dialog files(you mean what the characters say)

As far as i've searched, theres Sad no tool that can extract, dialog files(the sound files the character say's), but there are many Software Audio recorder.You can record the sounds you want or record even all the sounds. Tongue2

googletest Wrote:to bad it's not easy as DBZB1/2/3 when all you need is dkz studio...)

Well, i don't know what is dkz studio. i have never used it.

[Image: recodersignature2.png]
(06-15-2011, 07:07 PM)recoder Wrote: No, i will hit you with a bone or better a hammer. Tongue2
Evil

(06-15-2011, 07:07 PM)recoder Wrote: Your goal seems to be like extracting all the dialog files(you mean what the characters say)

True Sir, that exactly my goal.

(06-15-2011, 07:07 PM)recoder Wrote: As far as i've searched, theres Sad no tool that can extract, dialog files(the sound files the character say's), but there are many Software Audio recorder.You can record the sounds you want or record even all the sounds. Tongue2

First, I would like to thank you for helping and searching, I appreciate that, so thank you Happy
-
True, I can record audio, but in the end, the output file will be a mush up
of talking/music/effects and all that good stuff.

Now lets take it apart/cut them file by file, that what I call Hell Wacko
-

for the last 2 weeks, I was using my Internet connection ,almost 100% of the time ,looking for a way/software to open that *.DAT file.

While after talking with HCS group in their irc channel,
i was told that my only option is to learn how to HEX the *.DAT archive
and make a way to open it....
to bad for me, since I have 0 knowledge on doing that.
-
so my last option, is to send Email to watto (the creator of Game Extractor [great games archive file extractor])

which I hope, will be able to understand the brain behind that specific *.DAT archive/file container, and make it open.

(06-15-2011, 07:07 PM)recoder Wrote: Well, i don't know what is dkz studio. i have never used it.

Dkz studio is a program I use to open *.ASF archive/file container
and to extract *.ADX audio files and convert them to *.WAV.

--
I have a project, my goal is to extract all the audio from most DBZ games
(such as Budokai 1/2/3/infinite and the Tenkaichi series [I still didn't try to open Tenkaichi game data though...])
And and organize it by Char/music/effect and more,
and upload it for the dbz community/fans/everybody
so they will be able to use it for whatever they want Smile

for example, here W.I.P screen...
[Image: 25sad0i.png]
Ask the guys who ripped those: http://mvsdownloads.zxq.net/index.php they seem to have ripped only 5 of those games you want, and only english version, but as long as they aren't japanese-haters and cut it out, then japanese sounds probably should be included in english versions too(well in bt3 they areTongue). Anyway maybe the method they used will work for other games/versions of the games. Good luck.
If I remember correctly that game is using adpcm for audio(not adx/asf).
I'd say that there's a fair chance that the game does use adx ... (notice the file CRI_ADXI.IRX in the the screenshot of the original post)