Super Lag
No abnormality in task manager when you experience this problem?

Sponsored links

(07-24-2010, 03:08 PM)shortysdohdoh Wrote: yo,

nice idea. totally sounds like that would make sense so i moved all my stuff to a neutral place (c:\PS2stuff) like you said and i'm still getting the same problem.

anyway, it's not like anything is broken, i am still able to use the emulator after the first few tries.

i appreciate the help

My post about installing inside the Documents folder is meant for those issues like being unable to copy to the ini file being consequence of moving from a specially protected folder (like C:\Program Files) to another specially protected folder, it's like jumping from the pan to the fire.

Now than the installation folder and the exe itself is outside "secure" folders...
Make sure all the paths defined in the emulator actually points to correct places. It's OK to use the documents folder to this. Still you should delete the ini files and let the emulator rebuild them, just moving things may mess ini files... Albeit only the PCSX2.ini actively carries common patches the securer road is allowing the emulator to rebuild everything.

Being outside protected folder allows running without setting the Administrator flag, so you'll not need to run as The Administrator anymore and indeed should not need to do it for games.

A final hint is the UAC, if too agressive it may prevent the creation of intermediate or tmp files silently among others things which in the end just causes user's headaches, normally getting it in the first or second notch is enough to prevent this happening.

PS: If the above still does not solves the issue you may have already messed your Permissions policies too much.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(07-24-2010, 03:20 PM)naoan Wrote: No abnormality in task manager when you experience this problem?

nope, everything seems fine. CPU usage at a steady 1 ~ 2%

(07-25-2010, 12:16 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote:
(07-24-2010, 03:08 PM)shortysdohdoh Wrote: yo,

nice idea. totally sounds like that would make sense so i moved all my stuff to a neutral place (c:\PS2stuff) like you said and i'm still getting the same problem.

anyway, it's not like anything is broken, i am still able to use the emulator after the first few tries.

i appreciate the help

My post about installing inside the Documents folder is meant for those issues like being unable to copy to the ini file being consequence of moving from a specially protected folder (like C:\Program Files) to another specially protected folder, it's like jumping from the pan to the fire.

Now than the installation folder and the exe itself is outside "secure" folders...
Make sure all the paths defined in the emulator actually points to correct places. It's OK to use the documents folder to this. Still you should delete the ini files and let the emulator rebuild them, just moving things may mess ini files... Albeit only the PCSX2.ini actively carries common patches the securer road is allowing the emulator to rebuild everything.

Being outside protected folder allows running without setting the Administrator flag, so you'll not need to run as The Administrator anymore and indeed should not need to do it for games.

A final hint is the UAC, if too agressive it may prevent the creation of intermediate or tmp files silently among others things which in the end just causes user's headaches, normally getting it in the first or second notch is enough to prevent this happening.

PS: If the above still does not solves the issue you may have already messed your Permissions policies too much.

to be honest i'm not sure what you mean. i guess i don't understand the permissions very well, since i built this computer myself and there are no usernames, i figured i was always on admin account.
also i don't know what UAC is
it's really easy, installing any game, not only PCSX2 in a non specially protected folder avoids all problems and does not need running as The Administrator, does not forces giving administrator rights to the folder, etc...

The c:\Program Files is one these specially protected folder, and being installed there from start is the reason and motive of all troubles... migrating to the documents is just jumping from the pan toward the fire, as some says.

PS: I was forgetting the real question: The only situation I can imagine installing in a folder like C:\Games, for example, not working is in those cases the whole disk has already permissions issues, like owned by a 'dead user'... But that would happen only if something else took the control or your actual username has different SID (Security ID) than a former same username not active anymore, like would be the case where the windows is cloned (common case when changing HDs without previous preparation).

But this is becoming too technical and irrelevant to the actual case. Anyway PCSX2 does not have requisites that would trigger this kind of protection, it must work fine in a non protected folder providing you redo the paths and allow it to rebuild the inis.
Imagination is where we are truly real