Poll: Superfast PCSX2 0.9.7 Configuration
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Excellent
25.00%
2 25.00%
Very poor
75.00%
6 75.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Superfast PCSX2 0.9.7 Configuration!
Works even in the weakest cpu ever (2ghz processor with no graphics card and no sound card)
Tested game : Almost every game!
smooth and superb clarity!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Sorry to break it to you, but with no graphics card your monitor would show a black screen Tongue So you do have a graphics chip, an onboard probably and not a dedicated card, you should add that info too.
The VU add hack you have checked is ONLY for tri-ace games and it WILL reduce your speed in all other games, so no idea why you have that checked.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I did check it out in a cpu with no graphics card it did work. But still, the output should be fast right?

Emulating requires a brain. Even in a cpu with 2ghz processor and no graphics card, pcsx2 can reach 20-25 fps. I've got it. If you need that configuration, PM me
there's no perfect config.

btw. disabling the frame limiter is evil. frame skipping is also evil.

Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps
I don't know what you mean by that, but use GPU-Z if you don't know what graphics chip you have: http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/186...0.4.6.html
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Disabling the framelimiter is for not limiting the speeds which would rise too far and frame skipping is for much weaker cpu.
Oh! sorry the tested cpu has a graphics chip obviously. But it doesn't have a graphics card which accelerates the output. I thought you was saying that without graphics card the output will be blank. Sorry for the misunderstanding
Emulating requires a brain. Even in a cpu with 2ghz processor and no graphics card, pcsx2 can reach 20-25 fps. I've got it. If you need that configuration, PM me
yes, for slower pcs these settings might be quite useful. all i got out of frameskipping so far was not faster but more choppy gameplay.

i'm curious about these settings, i'm going to underclock my cpu and test around a little bit. Ninja

Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps
That looks like an old SVN you're using. I would suggest you use the latest official PCSX2 and plugins, as that's what most anyone else is gonna use. It should also be noted that the SPU2null plugin does not come with the newest release.

You should try using the mVU Flag Hack. It can give a large speedup with high compatibility and is [Recommended], as opposed to the IOP 2x cycle rate hack which is basically the opposite.

Would you mind posting at least a few of the tested games? I'd like to know what I could expect this to work with, rather than trying some random game(s), having it not work and coming back here to argue the "Almost every game!" thing... Smile
I just looked at his sig, 25-30 FPS with frameskipping on for a PC with an IGP is not impressive.
CPU: i7 930 @ 2.8GHz(Everyday)/3.6GHz(Gaming)/4.0GHz(Encoding)
GPU: Geforce GTX 480 @ 850MHz/1001MHz
Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E
RAM: 2x3 6GB OCZ @ 1527MHz 8-8-8-24
I could see that frameskipping wouldn't help much except for the GS portion (since the CPU has to prepare less frames every second).

And DBZ 3?!? Are you kidding me?! Haha this game runs 40 FPS even on a Northwood Pentium 4 @ 1.8 ghz. Try running FFX or some other 3D game... Tongue

Well for an integrated graphics processor thats decent though... if you could get yourself a PCI-e graphics card and that might help.
CPU: Pentium D 'Presler' 915 2.8 ghz 2x2MB L2 @ 3.5 ghz
GPU: eVGA [Nvidia] 8600GT 256MB SSC DDR3
Tested: FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, MGS3, KH, KH2, The Hobbit NTSC
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin