Swap Discs or Boot new image by Reset?
Excl I apologize for my potential Question Overload in Advance. Excl   Laugh Ninja
I selected a new ISO image into the PCSX2
and it asks me if I want to swap discs or boot the new image via a system reset.
Swap discs seems kind of obvious 
Yet
I don't really understand what they mean by system reset
Is it like rebooting a Virtual Machine?
Which is better? What  are the benefits of each? 
Just so I can understand a little better so I know what I'm actually doing when I select a new disc image.
I'm just afraid I might lose some recent data. (even though I know its saved on the memory card)
Sometimes not understanding what your doing, or the option you're selecting, can cause you to make a mistake.
I just don't want to make a mistake that I'll regret later on.
Cheers! Tongue

Sponsored links

Reset is basically that. It is like as you press the "Reset" button (the green power button), and it will boot up a different game.

Swap Disc is to switch to a different Disc without clearing the memory, so the state is still there while transititing to another game. Like Final Fantasy XII Disc 1 to Final Fantasy XII Disc 2

It does not mean it reset your configuration, it just to start a new boot to a different game.
Oh okay, I assume both require the same amount of processing power.
(08-10-2016, 09:28 AM)JAGERvSidEjA Wrote: Oh okay, I assume both require the same amount of processing power.

This has nothing to do with processing power.

It's about what PCSX2 will do after the swap:
- If you swapped because you want to change game (boot the newly selected ISO), then you choose "Reset".
- If you swapped because the game asked you to insert another disc to load more data - then you choose "Swap".

"Swap" just makes the current game know that you removed the DVD and inserted a new DVD to the tray.

"Reset" is like a shortcut to: remove the DVD from the tray, insert a new disc to the tray, shutdown the PS2, turn on the PS2.
Awesome. I got it thank you! Laugh