Swapping disc crashes PCSX2
(note: I posted this somewhere else, but as it didn't get attention, I made it it's own topic - I also removed and added some info as opposed to the original post)

There seems to be an issue where CodeBreaker v10 (hereafter named CB v10) locks up PCSX2 (either 1.4.0 or the latest GIT builds) with certain games. I've thusfar managed to limit it down to a single moment where it seems to happen. The following steps and/or info I have to reproduce the problem:

• BIOS version does not seem to matter
  • CB v10 tells it's the game Rez to PCSX2 (according to the GameDB)
  • CB v10 is PAL/NTSC
  • Auto-eject has been turned off @ CB v10 (in-game option), but this does not seem to make a difference
  • After selecting cheats, I activate the CB v10 prompt to swap the disc (and using the PCSX2 option to swap ISO)
  • An example of a working game would be Grandia 3 (NTSC, SLUS_213.34 // 0x5B657DAD) - The game boots and works
  • Again, starting from zero (restarting PCSX2 itself) - but this time I'm selecting Shin Megami Tensei : Nocturne (NTSC, SLUS_209.11 // 0xE8FCF8EC)
  • Again, selecting cheats and take it to the CB v10 prompt to swap the disc (and use the PCSX2 option to swap ISO)
  • From here on out, I notice that the games that do not work conjure up this notice in the log: (GameDB) Changing EE/FPU roundmode to 0 [N]
  • CB v10 locks up, PCSX2 "works" (a.k.a. responses to user input, but that's it) up until you try to reset, shutdown or swap and the likes. PCSX2 crashes / halts.
  • It doesn't matter whether I swap the disc (aka swap ISO) before the CB v10 prompt to swap or after the prompt => (GameDB) Changing EE/FPU roundmode to 0 [N]
  • What I also notice is that it doesn't matter if I use the ISO or plugin option in PCSX2, same thing happens.

Since I'm not the expert I'm hoping you guys may have an answer. I am willing to log a good amount of games that work and do not work, if you think it'll help.

Full log concerning the problem: http://pastebin.com/b8R1Dg5R

Sponsored links

exact same thing is happening to me, but with a different log, "(GameDB) Changing VU0/VU1 clamp mode [mode=2]"
Both of your problems are caused by automatic gamefixes and will resolve if you turn them off. However that will break many games. PCSX2 applies gamefixes based on the CRC of the ISO. If you swap disc they will change. In the case of OP that's why some games work and some don't - some have auto fixes that are breaking CB and some don't. In the case of filuslolol it's the same thing but with the BIOS instead of CB. For OP I'd recommend not using CB and using PCSX2s pnach system, and for filusolol I wonder why you are trying to load discs from the BIOS anyway?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
i just want to load discs from the BIOS
No the same thing is not happening to you, it's a completely different issue. Please don't hijack other peoples posts unless it is exactly the same issue with exactly the same ps2 disc at the exact same point (which in all cases I count, none of those)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I can't reproduce the issue with V9.2 but i have encountered the crash before. But I don't remember the fix..
[Image: xckarn-5.png]
(12-31-2016, 01:42 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Both of your problems are caused by automatic gamefixes and will resolve if you turn them off. However that will break many games. PCSX2 applies gamefixes based on the CRC of the ISO. If you swap disc they will change. In the case of OP that's why some games work and some don't - some have auto fixes that are breaking CB and some don't. In the case of filuslolol it's the same thing but with the BIOS instead of CB. For OP I'd recommend not using CB and using PCSX2s pnach system, and for filusolol I wonder why you are trying to load discs from the BIOS anyway?

I would have to convert the codes then. There aren't any real pnach files for Nocturne available Smile
(12-31-2016, 11:18 AM)SkyStruck Wrote: I would have to convert the codes then. There aren't any real pnach files for Nocturne available Smile

So put some effort into it. The pnach system will save you a whole lot of trouble, it's 100x easier than having to deal with swapping discs with CB, etc. You can change a majority of codes on the fly without having to restart the entire system, etc.

Converting the codes is easy, there are plenty of tools available.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-PNACH-files-work-2-0 - Here's a guide on how it works a bit, and also contains links to said tools.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Found it out. Wasn't difficult makker Tongue