and latest Sweetfx (1.4)

My PC spec :
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit service pack 1
CPU : i7 3770k @3.5ghz
VGA : Nvidia GTX660ti OC 2GB
RAM : 16GB

hope this help Laugh

Sponsored links

(05-10-2013, 04:58 PM)TBX Wrote: here's my GSDX pics [Image: Untitled-9_zps47f968e3.jpg]

I'm using PCSX2 r5627
and latest Sweetfx (1.4)

My PC spec :

hope this help Laugh

For starters, theres not any real point going higher than 4x native. The quality gained os minimal compared to the stress it puts on your hardware.

Secondly, although extra software rendering threads is good, going higher than 3 can cause loss of performance. Theres no point in setting it to 16. Hell an i7 only has 8 logical threads to begin with, but the general rule is number of cores minus 1. Keep in mind that the extra rendering threads only take effect while in software mode.

This is just a heads up btw.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
(05-10-2013, 05:13 PM)Dante3hs Wrote: For starters, theres not any real point going higher than 4x native. The quality gained os minimal compared to the stress it puts on your hardware.

Secondly, although extra software rendering threads is good, going higher than 3 can cause loss of performance. Theres no point in setting it to 16. Hell an i7 only has 8 logical threads to begin with, but the general rule is number of cores minus 1. Keep in mind that the extra rendering threads only take effect while in software mode.

Thank you verymuch, this is very informative.
(05-10-2013, 05:13 PM)Dante3hs Wrote: For starters, theres not any real point going higher than 4x native. The quality gained os minimal compared to the stress it puts on your hardware.

let make this right ANY resolution above your monitor will only apply a AA effect ( Anti Aliasing )

And MSAA and FXAA is much better than that effect ! ( and more resource consuming ( MSAA ) )
(05-10-2013, 04:58 PM)TBX Wrote: here's my GSDX pics [Image: Untitled-9_zps47f968e3.jpg]

I'm using PCSX2 r5627
and latest Sweetfx (1.4)

My PC spec :

hope this help Laugh

Thanks for the pics. I noticed you're using a different version of GDSX. I've never need that version before. Can you please tell me where to get it? It didn't come with the SVN of PCSX2 I got.

EDIT: I am running GDSX 5620 x32 - SSSE3 0.1.16. Not sure why it didn't come with the 5625 svn build I downloaded....
It come with the SVN 5627
you can grab it at SVN page.
http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html
(05-11-2013, 01:44 AM)TBX Wrote: It come with the SVN 5627
you can grab it at SVN page.
http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html

Thanks. Just grabbed it. Not sure what the problem is but I noticed I don't have an option to select the AVX version of GSX from the drop down menu. In other news, SweetFX doesn't activate for me in this version either. Keep pressing scroll lock and no luck. I'm running Ridge Racer V, one of the very first games that was released for the PS2. It has horrible aliasing problems. Do you suppose SweetFX working depends on the game your running? I can't get the CRT effect to show no matter what.

Here is a pic of my GDSX:

[Image: gdsxpicfrompcsx2.jpg]

And here is a pic of SweetFX settings in the Configurator:

[Image: sweetfx1config.jpg]
Zomgerd;4594764 Wrote:Are you using the dxgi.dll and .fx file?

I'm using an older version but here's how the directory and settings should look minus the res(should be whatever you want):
[Image: 18f534ed747eac178681d3a819fb371c.png]
[Image: 444acbf04168cd1f1ae44a5579acb274.png]

Hello Zomguard. Here is what my directory looks like:

[Image: pcsx2directoryscreensho.jpg]

Pic of GDSX settings:

[Image: gdsxpicfrompcsx2.jpg]

Can't figure out what's going on Sad

You see anything wrong or missing?

I even tried putting all the sweetfx files into the plugins folder just for the hell of it and no luck Sad
Ladies and gentlemen......boys and girls.....I have an announcement to make....

I GOT IT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPEEEEE!!!!

[Image: ridgeracerinsweetfx.jpg]

You'll never guess what was preventing it from showing in the game....

[Image: logotipo_fraps%5B1%5D.png]

Unbelievable.... Can't figure out why it doesn't interfere with all other games I have SweetFX working in. Any guesses?

Anyway I'm just glad THAT'S over! Now to enjoy spending the next 12hrs tweaking the living hell out of sweetfx with PCSX2!!! Laugh
[Image: rrvbattleroyalduelmedal.jpg]

[Image: rrvbattleroyalduelrepor.jpg]

Phew, glad that's done!

Now for some RR Type 4 fun Smile