SweetFX in PCSX2?
SweetFX is a post processor utility that allows you to use all kinds of different shader effects on your games and emulators. Has anyone here had any success in using it?

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=376265

I tried using it just now in PCSX2 but it didn't work.

It claims it needs a 32 bit application to work and PCSX2 *is* a 32bit emulator, correct? Well no dice.

Anyone else have any luck?

Sponsored links

I don't know about SweetFX but you can use PCSX2 FX shader instead: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Custom-Sh...#pid288516.
Yeah maybe your sweet Fx work only with pc games lol Tongue2
At one point I got sweetFX to work, but it was a couple years ago, so it may not be compatible anymore. Don't even recall doing anything special with it.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(05-09-2013, 06:06 AM)Koji Wrote: At one point I got sweetFX to work, but it was a couple years ago, so it may not be compatible anymore. Don't even recall doing anything special with it.

Someone else said it should work, but most likely only using the GDSX DX11 version. I'll try again today and see if I have any luck.
I have tried it, It work on GDSX DX11 but one problem I found it make PCSX crashed when PCSX2 switching to software mode to play any FMV videos (I'm using gamefix : auto switcing to software mode to play FMV)

and about build in shader feature of PCSX2, I noticed that when PCSX2 auto switching to software mode to play FMV video and switch back to hardware mode, shader will be inactive state and need to press page up to active it again. I think it would be nice if shader still active after switching between 2 mode, that will be comfortable for everyone who love to use shader.
What about dx9 or dx10?
So, TBX, how are you getting this to work? I am running Windows 7 64 bit and have sweetFX installed in the PCSX2 root folder. Is there where it's supposed to be? If not, where do I need to extract the files?
just place these files where PCSX2.exe located.

[Image: Untitled7_zps5e5c7bc9.jpg]

Use Scroll Lock to toggle Sweetfx.

here's sweetfx with advance CRT effect enabled (with curvature effect for old style TV look, I don't have time to play around with it that much, just for example Laugh )

[Image: Untitled8_zps2aa0aaa7.jpg]

PS. SweetFX doesn't work on D3D9 hardware / software mode, it always crash.
(05-10-2013, 10:32 AM)Isamu Wrote: So, TBX, how are you getting this to work? I am running Windows 7 64 bit and have sweetFX installed in the PCSX2 root folder. Is there where it's supposed to be? If not, where do I need to extract the files?

Arrgh...this is driving me up the wall. I have all the files on the root PCSX2 folder where the exe and I press scroll lock and still nothing Sad

Can you please post a pic of your GDSX screen and tell me which exact version of GDSX you're using, and if it's SSSE3 or SSE4. Can't for the life of me figure out why it's not activating. I've tried D3D11 and nothing, but with D3D9 PCSX2 crashes.