Swing Away Golf D-pad sensitivity
PS2 controller buttons are all analog, while most controllers (and keyboards) are not. This is probably just caused by an emulated mapping of a digital button press to a very hard press of the analog PS2 button.

Try selecting your D-Pad mappings and reducing the Sensitivity slider here to something lower:

[Image: ymuNWjZ.png]

Since you're using a PS2 controller it might actually be possible to map the analog buttons to analog inputs in the emulator, but I'm not sure how exactly you'd accomplish that.

Sponsored links

I don|t think that the original lilypad supports digital throughput for controls other the analog sticks. That's the reason why scarlet.crush and motionjoy provide customized version. I would look for the ds2 wrapper thread of scarlet.crush in this forum. There you can get this version and test if it works.
AdmiralCurtiss, that did make a difference! I guess it's not the game and it seems to be a controller issue after all. However, it's very strange because Ridge Racer V does not behave like this. I can make very slight turns with the D-pad. Very odd.

willkuer, I will look for the scarlet.crush "ds2 wrapper". I'll post about what happens.

EDIT: I think I found the thread.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...Controller
But it doesn't say a whole lot about DS2, it seems only to be about DS3 and then some Play.com thing. Do I need some particular DS2 USB adapter to get the support from this?