Switch from NTSC to PAL for no obvious reason.
Alright here is an unusal problem I cam up to.
Disc in question is WipeOut Pulse Pal.
So when I first set up the emulator and started up Pulse it was working in NTSC mode for some reason (I remember because the framerate was displaying as 59/60 all the time, I was looking at it since i got a new machine and wanted to track how well it works).
So after some playing some other games with some changes to the graphics plugin I go back to playing some fusion again except, now its running it in PAL. The difference in feel is very obvious and I looked up to notice that its running at 50 now.

I am slightly confused as to why did the game run in NTSC in the first place. Here's a part of the status window:

(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SCES_547.48;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = PAL
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59.94 fps
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to PAL.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 50.00 fps

And this happens with all games. Is this the usual? Does it always jump between modes when switching a disc? My problem is not a problem per se and I know I can change the ini if its really bothering me that it runs at 50 but I was curious why the change in behavior occurred.

Sponsored links

Yes, this is normal.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-11-2014, 10:13 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Yes, this is normal.

What was the reason for the game running in NTSC first though?
Hard to reconstruct now but it was definitely not intended behavior, unless your game has a PAL / NTSC selector Wink
(12-13-2014, 06:00 PM)rama Wrote: Hard to reconstruct now but it was definitely not intended behavior, unless your game has a PAL / NTSC selector Wink

I have seen this many, MANY times in logs.

I think it can happen with US BIOS + PAL game.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD