Switching From HW to SW has cause my display driver to stop working
You wont find proof pers say from anyone but end users, it it is general advised to not bench with it, cause it pushes card way PAST there normal usage OCed or not. as the makers will never admit to it causing death of cards. a simple google of can furmark damage my gpu will say this. a perfectly fine card that work fine in games can be damaged by furmark simple cause it put alot more stress on parts then most game do.

Also if if one card is pushing 80c + one should look into better cooling, that is way to hot for gpu imo even "if" there designed to take more heat

Any TDR are cause by bad gpu drivers which happen from time to time, faulty hw ranging to just about anything. fail gpu hell i would not be surpised if to much heat on the gpu causes it.

Only time i EVER had TDR issue on any of gpu, was when my 9800gt memory chips start to fail, which at that point i was already get artifact all over the place, including on post boot screen and bios some people get it simple cause the drivers so i count my self lucky not having to deal with tdr issues

Sponsored links

Well, I googled that before I ever replied. I don't trust reports from end users. And there is no guarantee the hardware wasn't faulty to begin with.

If the hardware has errors, then any stress test can kill it.

I'd rather know my hardware can hold up to the ultimate hell than play it safe. That's the point of stress testing IMO. That's just me.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
yes but Furmark pushes way beyond what is normal usage. and if you do that to card that was working just fine before and it dont after words it the end users fault. then we have people that do these "test" every driver for hours on end, they pushing there card way past normal usage.

only reason to do stress test is IF you suspect a problem, but to keep doing over and over you asking for problems which what lot people do evga made post about this year or 2 ago stating to stop using furmark and benchmark/stress test simple cause it pushes card way past there normal usage.

And stock cooling on almost all gpu are terrible

the program can kill perfectly fine card simple by pushing it way beyond normal usage which exactly what it does but that is all dependent on how one wants to look at

ts like running a car engine past 7000rpm (example) when you should not as might blown the engine cause that is not normal usage cause it not designed for that much rpm just to test it, sooner or later it gone blown. you were warned not but you didnt listen.

Same concept with furmark. Driver(nvidia proved this when the release drivers that stop the fan from work) and programs CAN kill card when you start pushing said card out of normal usages.

if you want to accept that can or can not is irreverent push anything past its normal usage and it will fail at some point plain and simple
If by stock you mean reference cooling, then maybe. My GPU stock cooler is absolutely phenomenal.

I agree that any stress test should be run with caution and knowledge - not by someone with no idea what's actually happening.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
to add even more fuel to that fire
Both EVGA precision and MSI afterburner. Use to couple said program in with it, they stoped doing so simple cause people kept using it as benchmark and were killing the cards.

One thing to stress test parts something else to keep doing over and over, special when said test pushes said hardware way past its normal usage at some point said test will kill/damage what it testing.

I stoped using stress test programs years ago simple cause there is no point in pushing your hardware past it normal usage just to test how stable it is
and how far you cause push it. as you just gona damage it at some point and then you will have problems with normal usage. but that is my personal imo

If you OC that is another story, but even OC is pushing hw past normal use and at somepoint it will fail
I am resurrecting this thread....

I am having the same problem still. It only happens when going into software mode. I found this video and did what it said to do in it and no luck for me..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfz4EprkBvQ
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
Did you cycle through software mode while playing with hardware mode ? If yes, then try starting the game with software mode.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Will do
That didn't work
try using the latest version of pcsx2 from here and check whether the problem still persists.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction