Switching From HW to SW has cause my display driver to stop working
What about eventviewer?
[Windows]+R -> 'eventvwr'
-> Windows protocols -> System -> Apply Filter (allow eveything except for information)
What do you observe here?

Sponsored links

(02-18-2015, 06:37 PM)willkuer Wrote: What about eventviewer?
[Windows]+R -> 'eventvwr'
-> Windows protocols -> System -> Apply Filter (allow eveything except for information)
What do you observe here?

http://i.imgur.com/fHweANi.png
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
I still think that your GPU is just on the way out.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Had the same problem with an EAH 5770 card was garbage. If updating the drivers and having the latest visual C++ redistributable/Direct X doesn't clear it up I would agree with bliss that your card is going. Mine came to me broken though so idk how long they last before they start to die...
Desktop:
Ryzen 7 5800X | MSI MAG CORELIQUID 360R | MSI X570 unify | 32GB DDR4@3600 MHz (14-14-14-34) | EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra
1TB + 2TB WD Black SN770 | Windows 11 Pro x64
Just for reference , check whether your igpu has this problem. That will, narrow down our suspects Tongue2
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I found out that is not the GPU that causes the problem but the phyiscal RAM itself. Its not like it happens all the time. So Blyss My card is still good. Smile

I still have yet full test out the RAM thing myself it makes sense. When I first built my system it had 2 sticks of the exact same RAM. A few months ago I bought a 3rd stick of RAM from a different company. I learned if the RAM was different ina ny way such as brand, timings, or anything from the others it could cause this error. I don't understand the reason behind this though.

So anyways... Before I put the 3rd stick of RAM on my system I never saw this problem. But like a month later after I installed the stick I saw this error thus of the date I created this topic. So this is why I am lead to believe that that stick of RAM is the cause of it. As I said I haven't actually tested it out myself but it makes sense to me. Oh and I learned this by this video here..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfz4EprkBvQ

As you can also read my coments I posted with the uploader of the vid as well.
Yes, RAM could do it too. Run a few passes of MEMTEST86+

The thing about RAM is it can cause just about any issue, including ones that look like other hardware faults.

Interesting though, since PCSX2 doesn't use much RAM at all. If it was that bad I'd expect your whole system to be unstable.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Heh. Right

But it only happens in this emulator though. Everything else I do is fine and dandy. As I mentioned before its not that big of a deal.
I doubt this is a ram issue. If yes, then why does it take place only on pcsx2 ? Check the ram usage while switching to software mode through task manager.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
What I noticed while switching from SW to HW is that the RAM usage permanently increases. It wont go back to normal until I reload the emulator.