Sync to screen instead of vsync?
It's interesting that you two are coders and have never heard of sync to screen!?

Here is a good explanation:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421792

And NO - sync to screen is not vsync.

Sponsored links

I have only used vsync once for Legaia 2 because DX 11 led to tearing. DX 9 didn't, but the performance was sub-par for some reason. I actually enabled vsync via the ATI CCC and skipped the PCSX2 option as I use vsync for other apps like Dolphin sometimes. Plus it really is not that big of a performance hit on my hardware.
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
Hmm that says to emulate the system at your screens refresh rate to eliminate the tearing. Considering how timing unfriendly the PS2 is, i doubt that would even work right for us.. the closest you can get is using the "frame limit" option (which is the F4 toggle) instead of the vsync, that will run the console at the intented speed without vsync, then adjust the frame limit settings in the emulator settings under the GS tab to match that of your monitors refresh.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I wonder if anybody here can say that any PS2 game runs totally fluid on PCSX2? Without any jerking, tearing or any kind of indication to destroy the illusion not having a real PS2 connected to the monitor?

I only started this thread because many emulators have that troubles with syncing as the article mentioned above tells us (and I experience this problems myself with various emulators).

Nevertheless it was only an idea to make the Playstation 2 emulator the best possible!
I have played DQ 8, FFX, Legaia 2 (with vsync), Xenosaga I and Xenosaga II without any issues that I noticed. All played and looked clean. Although I do run 1920x1080 and 4x IR (generally). I rarely use any speedhacks other than the threaded ones (MTVU, etc). Maybe I understood your comment wrong, but there are lots of games that run "perfectly" in my opinion, although maybe I do not have a discerning eye for the quality you are looking for.
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
You only have to look at scrolling. If scrolling is absolutely soft and without any kind of jerking or unstable framerate then sync is not perfect.

I get that result in e.g. CCS64. With sync on screen I get a 100 % fluid scrolling - you almost think there is a real C64 built into my arcade cabinet...