System or Settings? [Need help]
I apologize in advance for making another one of these dependent posts but I honestly don't know where else to turn. I'm currently trying to play a low-demand game, FFX, and yet I'm getting ~30 fps. It seems that when the graphics are zoomed in during parts of cut scenes I can a solid 60 fps. Currently the game is so slow and my settings are so low that it's just unplayable.

Some notes -
At the top while playing - Fps ~31, EE ~92%, GS ~34%, UI ~ 0-1%
My ISO is not compressed - don't know if this speeds anything up or not

Config - [Image: psxsettings.png]

Graphic settings - [Image: graphicssettings.png]

Sound settings
- [Image: soundsettings.png]

Emulation Settings - Everything is set to recompiler, chop/zero, no clamping, flush to zero, denormals are zero. I'm using the MicroVUs as my VUs.
For GS I have framelimiting on (100% base with 59.94 NTSC and 50.00 PAL), no frameskipping. Standard 4:3 aspect ratio and it seems that my window size doesn't affect FPS at all. Only thing checked under GS window is "Hide window on suspend".
Speedhacks I have enable INTC Spin detection, Enable wait loop detection, mVU flag hack, and mVU block hack.

My system:
Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 2.50 GHz
4.00 GB Installed ram (I think it can use it all)
64-bit Operating System
2x Video cards -
M17X NVIDIA 8700M-GT 512MB (MASTER)
M17X NVIDIA 8700M-GT 512MB (SLAVE)

Let me know if there's any other information I could supply you with. Thanks for any/all the help! Oh, and my primary goal is just to be able to run FFX at a constant ~60 FPS without any sound / graphics tearing.

EDIT: One other note is like 50% of the time I click to configure my GS I get this error - [Image: pcsx2message.png]

Sponsored links

Make sure the CPU is running at the right clock speed while playing with an app like CoreTemp or CPU-Z, try changing your power profile in control panel to "high performance" and disable any kind of power saving feature that might be active in your PC.

What's the error you get in the console window when you get the GS plugin problem?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I'm assuming my clock speed is correct as I haven't messed with it at all. Just installed CoreTemp although I'm not entirely sure what to do with it. Yup on high performance and all that good stuff.
When I get the error it just says GS plugin failed to open!(thread:MTGS)(SaveSinglePlugin)

If I try to run the game right after that I get :

Open virtual disk tray
HLE Warning: ELF does not have a path!!

(GameDB) Enabled Gamefix: IpuWaitHack
Opening plugins...
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
Opening CDVD
detected blocksize = 2048
isoOpen(DVD): C:\Users\Foster\Desktop\FFX\Final Fantasy X.ISO ok.
The iso has 2201280 blocks (size 2048).
The iso offset is 0, and the block offset is 24.
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (2201280 sectors)
(IsoFS) Block 0x10: Primary partition info.
Opening USB
Opening FW
Opening DEV9
Closing plugins...
Closing DEV9
Closing FW
Closing USB
Closing CDVD
Closing SPU2
(pxActionEvent) GS plugin failed to open!(thread:MTGS)(thread:EE Core)
Closing PAD
Closing GS
Plugins closed successfully.
Shutting down plugins...
Plugins shutdown successfully.
User-canceled plugin configuration after plugin initialization failure. Plugins unloaded.

Edit - Of course if I boot again right after that it loads fine...
Looking at CoreTemp it appears that my processors are running at like 60% without PCSX2 even going :/. They hit 100% easily as soon as I start playing FFX. Also, it says under "instructions set" SSE4.1 which I'm assuming means I can use that. I don't know if that would make a difference or not though.
Hello Guys...I'm Using Pcsx2 0.9.7 beta

My Sys Specs Are:
Intel Core2Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz
1.5GB RAM
Nvidia Ge Force 8400GS
OS-Win7 Ultimate 32-bit

Can any one give best settings for GOD OF WAR 1 To increase speed?
@madhave : don't hijack other people's thread please.
create your own one.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I restarted my system and left all processes closed except for PCSX2
Here's a pic of what was going on.
Not sure why Core1 was low % this time, usually they both hit 100%.
One thing that I think could be the problem is that if I look at my processes, PCSX2 is only using like 150k memory. When I play video games they usually go up to like 400-900k. Is there any way to allocate more memory to PCSX2?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Alright, so you say it's running at 60% load without PCSX2 running at all? That's definitelly not good, some other program is using the CPU resources so you should find which is (open the "processes" tab in the task manager and it should show you what is stealing the resources).

Also coretemp says it's running at less than half speed of what your CPU should be running at (1.2GHz out of 2.5GHz) while using PCSX2 so it's probably some power saving features like speedstep or something interfering, or running in battery mode but I doubt that one.

Not really sure how to help unless you find what's causing those problems.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
it's ur clock speed problem..
i had this problem once..
even when i set it to super duper high performance it still clocks at 50%.. Tongue

my solution is use NHC[Notebook Hardware Control]
it really outdated but it set's ur CPU to run at what clock speed..
mine always 100%..

bear in mind a constant 100% clock speed comes with temperature build up and not really friendly if u are running on batteries..
which not a wise thing when playing pcsx2 on batteries..
mine only got 30mins on batteries.. Tongue
[Image: 871087.png]

*Mio sees a ghost for the first time*
Mio: Aaaaaaah!! x_x
Seriously, the way she acts, you'd think she grew up with ghosts.
Yeah well when I rebooted it was only taking from like 10-30% load. It might have been since I just had a bunch of low processes from leaving my computer on for a while. I have no idea why it is running at 50%, honestly. I've always noticed that my computer seems slower than it should :/... I'll try to figure out what's wrong with it. It might be some custom configurations that were installed at manufacture time that I accidentally got rid of when installing Windows 7. It came with Raid0 but I don't really use it since I have no idea how...
It's definitely running on "High performance"

I'll try that out RenShijo although it worries me a bit considering that my computer usually gets pretty hot.
And yeah I have like 1 hour of battery when not plugged in -.-

EDIT: Doesn't have a 64-bit version...
the High Performance have a number of sub options there...
i dunno coz i don't use any power scheme for my laptop..
different laptop have different type of power scheme..and settings..

try this RMClock
[Image: 871087.png]

*Mio sees a ghost for the first time*
Mio: Aaaaaaah!! x_x
Seriously, the way she acts, you'd think she grew up with ghosts.