TOL and FFXII and RS Help
Ok I'm sort of new to using PCSX2 but so far it has been working extremely well with almost all of the games I have, minus three. I'm not sure if it's the actual game itself, or if it is my CPU and everything like that.

CPU - AMD Anthlon™ 64 Processor 4000+ 2.60 GHz
RAM - 3.00 GB
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
OS - Windows Vista Home Basic (Service Pack 1)
PCSX2 Version - Beta 1474

So basically, Tales of Legendia will not play right at all. I can get past the title screen and start a new game, only if in Software mode, but after that it will not go any further. It gets to the part where we first see Senel and then just stops working completely, and also the color is slightly off as well. The frame rate I get also is extremely bad, only about 15-20% at the main menu. Also, the graphics plugin I use is GSdx. This happens always, even if Speedhacks are enabled or not. Also, the game just does not run in general in Hardware mode.

In FFXII everything runs rather well, thought the sounds and voices are always delayed. My sound plugin is SPU2-X 1.1.0. The maximum frame rate I manage to get in the game also is only about 40-50% and 30% when I'm in an area that has many other characters. For this game I'm more of just wondering if there are settings I can change to make the game go faster, or if the problem is my CPU. Also, after playing this game I wondered why games such as Tales of Legendia or Tales of the Abyss run so much slower, and yet have much lower quality graphics and audio?

Radiata Stories is much like FFXII, but instead of getting 40-50% frame rate, the maximum I can get is only 10%. It has never gone above that, and in scenes where characters talks, the frame rate goes down to about 5-6%. I'm also wondering if there is anyway to fix this at all, or if it is my CPU, or PCSX2 itself. The speed does not change with Speedhacks enabled.

I'm sorry if other people have already asked these question, but I thought since those threads may be old, new solutions may have appeared for these problems and such.
Windows 7 SP1 x64
Intel i5-4440 @ 3.10GHZ
GeForce GTX 760 (192-bit)
8GB RAM

Sponsored links

You should be able to get FF12 to 50-60fps most of the time on your system as long as you tilt the camera up (so you see less of the field). Make sure you're using 2x EE cycle hack as well as the experimental idle hack.

No clue on the other two games unfortunately.
[Image: 2748844.png]
CPU - AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 4000+ 2.60 GHz <--if that is your processor, sorry but it is single core. You won't get good speeds with most games ( I'm even surprised you got some to work this well)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
So judging from that response, the problem is not my settings or the games, but my actual Processor itself? Well that sucks, so does that mean I basically would have to buy a new computer to play most games at full speed...or anything past the 90% mark? Also I read an article on the internet about something called Overclocking, and also heard members on the site talking about it, and I am just wondering if it would be a good idea to try and overclock this CPU, or would it simply wreck it? Sorry to ask so many questions, computers really are not my thing at all...
Windows 7 SP1 x64
Intel i5-4440 @ 3.10GHZ
8GB RAM
Ahhh bositman you're correct. My fault, so used to seeing things as dual cores.

That system is too slow for the most part.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(09-02-2009, 08:07 PM)xelhes Wrote: Also I read an article on the internet about something called Overclocking, and also heard members on the site talking about it, and I am just wondering if it would be a good idea to try and overclock this CPU, or would it simply wreck it? Sorry to ask so many questions, computers really are not my thing at all...

There's no amount of overclock that would help you with tales of legendia because it needs software mode... I can barely run it at 20-23fps and it's not really playable either. Final fantasy XII is also a demanding game... a single core just wont do sorry, basically yeah you'd need a new PC if you want to use PCSX2 with playable rates.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Well, that sucks, but I guess I have to buy a computer for myself soon anyway, so by then a new version of PCSX2 might be out also. Just in case, does anyone have any recommendations on what PC I should get? I'm not sure what my budget will be on it yet, but still having other people's opinions does help a lot and since I'm not good at picking out computer, it would be better to ask people who maybe do know. In short I more or less want a computer that would be able to run PCSX2 maybe at full speed, and also possibly even play other software games like Sims 3, Demigod, and stuff like that at the best possibly quality. Sadly, I can only guess that a PC that can do all this will be expensive but sometimes you have to give up something to get what you want Smile
Windows 7 SP1 x64
Intel i5-4440 @ 3.10GHZ
8GB RAM
If you really want a PC mainly to play PCSX2 and gaming (not multi-tasking, video editting etc.) go with a E8400/E8500/E8600.
to be honest i dont see a point to buy pc just for console emulator, with console it will run for sure with full speed without problems..
Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 3,5ghz /gigabyte GF9500GT/2 GB RAM / ASRock P45XE/ Corsair CMPSU-400CXEU
(09-03-2009, 06:57 PM)Elwin Wrote: to be honest i dont see a point to buy pc just for console emulator, with console it will run for sure with full speed without problems..

emulating your games has its advantages: higher resolutions, anti aliasing and texture filtering for nicer graphics, faster load times with your game images on hdd, unlimited memcards, the ability to save everywhere with savestates and you can manipulate the speed of the gameplay at will, e.g. with a lower fps limit to make minigames easier or with a higher fps limit to "fast forward" cutscenes or to speed up level grinding in rpgs. you can furthermore use your favourite gamepad or other input device with it, show off your game skillz to the world with the included video capture function and last but not least: you finally got something to do for your new cpu beast Wink
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403