Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tales of...
Hey, I am a big Tales of eternia, symphonia, etc. fan. So far I have beaten eternia, both symphonias(2nd one was horrible), phantasia and I am working on destiny. I am juyst curious to see if anyone else plays it and what which ones their favorite. Laugh
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+

GPU:NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

RAM: 3072mb GDDR2

Sponsored links

you really should play Tales of the Abyss ( with UNDUB patch that makes characters speak japanese ( its better since english voice actors did awfull job ), and it adds voices in skitts that are not present in english version ), its the best Tales of game for playstation 2. Also it works great on PCSX2

i heard Tales of Vesperia is also pretty good, but i dont have xBox360 to play it.
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.
I hate Tales! Laugh Never played em ! Dunno why though.... I love jrpgs.. I just can't stand the name I guess... Tales of this... Tales of that.... Tales here... Tales there... Tales everywhere ! It's annoying... oO
[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

well, you like witcher, it just shows how tasteless you are Tongue
Congratulations
[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

(04-05-2010, 12:09 PM)nataq01 Wrote: you really should play Tales of the Abyss ( with UNDUB patch that makes characters speak japanese ( its better since english voice actors did awfull job )

I don't know why are you so against English dub...personally I like the English voices in that game much better than the jp ones(I don't understand Japanese but even if I did,I still like the English voices better)

Tales of the Abyss - The best of all tales games
Tales of Legendia -The funniest of all(I think symphonia 2(for wii)is funnier but I haven't played it,only watched videos)
well, im against all dubbings, not only english ones
i dont mind native english games with english language, but i would hate to play english game with for example polish ( my native language ) dubbing, because dubbers usualy do much worse job than original voice actors. Same goes for japanese games. I just like it how it was meant to be played. Good example of that is Naoto from Persona 4, in japanese version she was always trying to speak manly, and in the end game there was really cute christmass event with her in which she spoke girly for the first time, it was great scene, but in english version she sounds all the time like some old woman, and so this scene is english lost all its charm. It was completely spoiled by bad dubbings. Quality details like that gets lost in dubbings.

imho, playing japanese games with english dubbings is like playing STALKER with japanese dubbings, it just feels wrong.
From all of the games that I've played with english dub(more than 50),there was only one game that I didn't like(the voice actors really did a terrible job)...Shining Force EXA
Tales needs to stop as a series, it's worse now than Final Fantasy Tongue2
i like(finished) :

tales of eternia (destiny 2)
tales of destiny (ps1)
tales of symphonia : dotnw

i like-r (in game)

tales of abyss
tales of symphonia (gc)

im going to like (future)

every consoles Tongue

conclusion : i like all Tongue