Tales of Abyss White Screen before battle.
I got the newest emulator from the svn thingy, the most settings are defeault except i got speed hack on 2 and ee on 0 and all checks except fast disk (MTVU is very helpful) and i got direct3D 10 on 2x native.

Anyways the game is running good except right before a battle when the screen turns white, the fps just suddenly drops, it didn't do it before but now its happening Sad

My specs are:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 4095 MB
CPU name = AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+
Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 03)
CPU speed = 3.013 ghz (2 logical threads)
ATI RADEON HD 4800 SERIES
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = 178bfbff 00002001
x86EFlags = ebd3fbff

Sponsored links

When was 'before'? Tried it without speed hacks?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Like for example when the menu of loading the memcard or saving it, now drops fps all the sudden
wait when you say speed hacks, you mean turn off the checks too?
Yeah i tried no checks except (MTVU) and it doesn't do anything and the fps stays the same o.O

oh and before was my old emulator which was an older version
you have a dual core cpu so MTVU will cause a slowdown in your case (mtvu is intended for 3+ core processors). besides for that your cpu generally might not be fast enough that's why you are getting a slowdown at these screens. you could try the cycle rate speed hacks (slider bars), if the checkbox ones aren't doing anything for you, but first start by turning off mtvu to see if that helps.
Its kinda the opposite, i use to run my game with the first 2 checks on ee and the first 2 on vu and speed hack on 2 vu on 0 and it ran like about 45-50 fps i think in battle in town, but with mtvu, a Vu percentage is on my screen and my fps goes up to 60, without speed hacks, and it runs well but i figured if im in a dungeon then its no problem, but if its in a world map then it just starts to drop at the white screen.
the mtvu is a double edge sword when it comes to dual core CPU's since when some of the processor is idle it can use that for the vu causing an increase in fps like you see, but when under heavy load from certain scenes, then the other components like the EE, IOP & GS will want to use some of that cpu and cause a bigger slowdown since it's now being taken by the VU process, on quad core cpu's this is put on a separate thread so its not shared with everything else causing huge speedups
MTVU can be a speed up even with dual cores in some cases, so the best advice is try and see.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I think its just the emulator, because when i use an older one the fps is low but at least it stays at that same amount, while this one manages to get up to 60 during battles in dungeons, but drops down when i have a battle in the world map :/ any proper settings?(using the new svn)

I tend to notice that the fps drops when i save game, and like when i click triangle which is the menu the sound gets like repeated and the fps drops, its like the menu is poping up alot or slowmo
Any ideas???