Tales of Abyss
Got myself Tales of Abyss, and man, it just doesn't want to cooperate. It hangs and hangs and hangs. Anyone playing it? Any recommended settings? Thanks in advance Smile

Sponsored links

I'm playing it now, and I mostly get 60fps and the lowest fps I get is 45fps (mostly in some towns and battles).
It works fine in Directx 10 hardware mode (pcsx2-beta-1059 + GSdx r1161) with a d3d internal res of 1920x1080 and texture filtering and I've gotten no crashes at all.
For speedhacks I use x2 cycle rate and INTC Sync hack.

I hope this helps Smile
Same here.
When I use hacks it's crashing quicker than without hacks but it still crash even with all settings on default.
Hm perhaps that problem is related to driver vga issue or you can try with old gsdx and directx9 mode.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Back then when I played it, it used to crash with the x2 CycleRates hack. So I never used it and voila never a crash again. max 1.5. I haven't tried with the CycleStealer hack tho, but it could be the reason for a crash, too.
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
Yea, seems to work with only x1.5 CycleRate enabled, although I'm not far into the game.

So far:
Doesn't always load, sometimes just remains blackscreen, but this is caused by the speedhacks it seems Smile
*Hanged three times right after the combat tutorial
*Crashed once after some cutscene
*Crashed twice right after the battle when two monsters appear at once for the first time Smile
I played ~15 h without crash. Just stop using above 1.5 CycleRate hacks.
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
(05-09-2009, 11:51 PM)yunsabit Wrote: I played ~15 h without crash. Just stop using above 1.5 CycleRate hacks.

I don't use them, but I use others Smile Well, in the end it all comes down to experiments Smile
I've played the game for about 30 hours now (almost finished it) with x2 cycle rate and I've never had crashes.
(05-10-2009, 01:26 PM)Razor66 Wrote: I've played the game for about 30 hours now (almost finished it) with x2 cycle rate and I've never had crashes.

It may depend on what version you use Wink I know it works/worked fine, just wanted to check if there are specific settings required/maybe some build broke it somehow.