Tales of Destiny DC sound fixes?
Hey everyone, I'm new to PCSX2 and I've just started playing Tales of Destiny: Director's Cut. I can play it without issue but I'm having some audio issues. I'm using ZeroSPU2 for audio, but it's horribly crackly and low-quality. With the other audio plugin I have, SPU2x, there's no sound at all. Is there a fix for this?

Specs:
Running Windows 7 (64-bit) in Parallels Desktop for Mac
2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
4 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M

Sponsored links

Quote:in Parallels Desktop for Mac
install bootcamp and run windows natively.
SPU2x will work better this way, and you'll get better performances than when using a virtual windows. this will be a good idea since your CPU is a bit weak for pcsx2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thanks, I will give it a try!

And I know this is a bit off topic, but since you mentioned that my CPU is a "bit weak for pcsx2", do you think it's too weak for FFXII?
Using my experience FFXII is a low-demanding game. But I am playing in PAL (50FPS) and don't mind slowdowns during cutscenes...
FFXII also likes speedhacks. (well.. doesn't dislike)

I can run most of the time in fullspeed using a 2.4GHz Intel DualCore and with speedhacks I rarely have slowdowns in cutscenes. I would expect that you don't have any problems.

For better performance use the stable release and not the SVN. You will get a slight enhancement in the order of a several %. (Which is similar to speedhacks but with the advantage of full compatibility.)
Alright, once I get a Boot Camp setup going I'll give that one a try. Thanks very much!