Tales of Legendia does not really work
I cant make this game run , tried kinda hard. Saw some people saying it runs perfectly... i would like to see the settings for this game, if any. Using the latest beta.

I tried it because the compatibility list says "playable".

Any help?
q9300@2,5ghz - Radeon HD4870 512mb - Asus p5e3deluxe - 4gb corsair xms3 pc1600 - Vista 32 bit

Sponsored links

It runs both on my 0.97 r3113 and r2809,both of them are okay.
Maybe try another image or disc?(And use the Japan V01.00 Bios?)
If you mean the horrendous vga requirements, those don't make the game unplayable.
Try using the software renderer though, it'll be better.
What do you mean you can't make it run?

What errors? What settings? Any info?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Thanks for the responses! Well , according to what I see, it`s not only a matter of PC resources. Both EE and GS hits like 20-30% with a horrible sound stuttering and graphics blurring with an output of 13fps or less. Although I certainly believe you guys can run it, it seems that I didnt manage to find out how.

As Lady and others asked, I tried Software and hardware on all plugins, Super and Micro VU , speed hacks 1 by 1 and etc, nothing seems to work. Software only seems to bring me the title screen but everything that follows is as buggy as hardware.

Will try a little more and will post the results. Would be cool if someone here could test the game and if it works flawlessly, post the relevant settings. As I said I tried too many settings for writing everything here.

EDIT : as suggested , I tried latest JP bios and didnt fix anything. Sad
EDIT 2: my rom is SLUS 21201 which lists as playable.
q9300@2,5ghz - Radeon HD4870 512mb - Asus p5e3deluxe - 4gb corsair xms3 pc1600 - Vista 32 bit
Ok, let me make it clear:
Playable means it works, as in no bad bugs happen that break it.

What you get is the problem it has rendering the GS effect. It's bad in hw and sw, but sw does it better.
There are NO settings to make it better. The only way to get it to play better is by having a 1GB memory vga card (or better!).
Oh ok , then it`s all good. Some people claimed to run it flawlessly , i found it a bit hard to be true. It`s odd that the GS wont get "loaded" as the bug occurs. But anyways, thanks for the explanation, Rama. I guess I will wait for further releases for playing this one.
(06-15-2010, 12:42 AM)noia Wrote: Oh ok , then it`s all good. Some people claimed to run it flawlessly , i found it a bit hard to be true. It`s odd that the GS wont get "loaded" as the bug occurs. But anyways, thanks for the explanation, Rama. I guess I will wait for further releases for playing this one.

hi,
i just played this game..
my specs are :
Vaio E
i5-520 @2.4-2.9Ghz
4 GB Ram
Win 7 HP (64 bit)
ATI Radeon HD 5650 1 GB

as rama said, it playable with SW only. I use PCSX 0.97 beta r3113.
GSdx SSE2 0.1.16 with DirectX10 Software, SW Rend threads : 4, no Edge AA, frame skipping on (shift + F4) the result is : game run at 50 - 59 fps while in fighting goes 40 - 45 fps. Oh well...

Then I try speed hacks, EE Cycle Rate 3 (hahah), VU Cycle Stealing 2 (another hahah), Enable INTC, Enable Wait Loop, mVU Flag Hack. and the result is : game run at 61 - 65 fps but the graphic slips... while in fighting goes 45 - 47 fps. Oh well....

But still, I'm happy this game is playable (at least for now) since i really2 love Tales series.. Will try to play with those speed hack settings turned on. I'll report if something happens (hangs, crash, overheat, Vaio melt.. hahahah)

FYI, Tales of the Abyss works flawless with DirectX 10/11 Hardware! yay!