Tales of Symphonia (J) Opening FMV
Hello,

I'm trying to run Tales of Symphonia (J) on the latest Git build (revision eddabf9) and running into a problem where the opening FMV is always choppy and the sound stutters a lot.

I recorded what I'm seeing on my end for your reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gosehqJHR9U

It looks like the FMV itself runs okay, but the audio is terrible and skips unpredictably.  I looked on the PCSX2 Wiki for the game but didn't really see any real reports about it: http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Tales_of_Symphonia

Are there any current solutions to this problem?  My computer has an i7 processor and an AMD Radeon R9 200 Series GPU.

Sponsored links

BUMPing
Did it work fine on 1.4 stable version ? does disabling "Large Framebuffer" help on alleviating the issue ? (not sure whether it's a performance issue or a bug on the counters)
(06-20-2016, 12:42 PM)ssakash Wrote: Did it work fine on 1.4 stable version ? does disabling "Large Framebuffer" help on alleviating the issue ? (not sure whether it's a performance issue or a bug on the counters)

No, 1.4 had the same issue.

How do I disable Large Framebuffer?  It's grayed out under the Plugin Settings.
Large Framebuffer is grayed out because you're running the game in native resolution. The setting only applies at higher resolutions; so therefore it isn't necessary to be enabled.
Just tried 2x native with Large Framebuffer disabled and the problem still persists.
Definitely looks like the result you get from messing with the EE cyclerate speedhack. You don't have it enabled do you?

Edit: Also the Japanese opening track is so much better.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(06-21-2016, 09:05 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Definitely looks like the result you get from messing with the EE cyclerate speedhack. You don't have it enabled do you?

Edit: Also the Japanese opening track is so much better.

I guess I should've mentioned that I used default settings.  But no, I don't have it enabled.  Attached my speedhack settings.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly a regression due to the recent changes on counter ? could you try 1.2.1 stable version and check the status of the issue ?
Tested 1.2.1 just now with its default settings and I believe the stutters happen in the same places during the FMV.