Tales of the Abyss Gsdx32 SSE4 - grey background grid when using patched file
yes I found a TOA folder should I delete it?

Sponsored links

(04-01-2015, 02:12 PM)nate2000 Wrote: yes I found a TOA folder should I delete it?

You can delete it, but instead, I'd just update it if I were you. That way you'll have a specific config just for ToA, saving the trouble of having to switch plugins and stuff around. (I use this method myself as well. Super handy.)

Start by closing PCSX2, and PCSX2Bonus.
  • Now open up PCSX2Bonus only, nothing else.
  • Browse to Tales of the Abyss.
  • Rightclick > Choose Manage Custom Configuration
  • Now click the Emulator Tab.
  • Click Config here.
    • PCSX2 will now open up. Go to Config>Plugion/Bios Selector, set the custom GSdx as your active plugin, and apply the settings we told you. (AF and FXAA is fine too).
Once you're done with that, close PCSX2 again, and you'll end up back in PCSX2Bonus. Hit Apply, and then hit Ok. Now you can run the game from PCSX2Bonus just fine
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
ok I followed all steps started game grid still shows, so I tried with loading game with just pcsx2 instead with same settings and grid shows up still. I just can't think what else could be causing it, as I really was looking forward to this game with the patch.
Ok I just tried something I used all the recommended settings with dub game version and there is no grid bars its flawless no bugs at all works perfectly.
So all I can think of is some how the patch doesn't work with the undub version of the game. I want to thank everyone in this thread for your help many thanks.
I have the undub version myself.. it works fine here. Doesn't make sense for the grid to still be there, very strange indeed.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
Hi Ryudo, that's good to know as I would prefer the undub version myself, if your undub version works perfectly then I think I know what's causing the bug on my end.
I applied a widescreen patch to my copy of TOA undub version using ps2_patch_engine, that has to be what was causing the grid bug. I was using the ps2_patch_engine to apply widescreen patch as I just couldn't figure out how to make it work just using Pcsx2 to load the widescreen patch.
That's very likely the issue then yeah. You'd have to remake the ISO without that particular patch.

You can just use the .pnach file for the widescreen hack that comes with PCSX2, all you need to do is change the CRC to match the undub version (045D77E9).
Ryudo can you give me detailed step on how to do this please.

for example in the Cheats_ws folder I have two archives one is cheats_ws its a zip file and other is Ps2 Widescreen rar file
Well, the cheats_ws.zip normally is enough (but it should be located in your main pcsx2 directory, not cheats_ws).

Some games like the undub version has a different CRC from the default ISO. The normal CRC (NTSC-U version) for Tales of the Abyss is 14FE77F7.

As I mentioned, the CRC for the undubbed patch version is 045D77E9. What you want to do now is extract 14FE77F7.pnach from the cheats_ws.zip, and place it inside cheats_ws folder. Rename that file to 045D77E9.pnach, it'll then apply the widescreen hack to the undub version.

Example of my cheats_ws folder:
[Image: cheatsws.png]

[Edit]

If you don't want to waste time searching for the file inside the archive, here's a download directly for the correct pnach file.

.pnach   045D77E9.pnach (Size: 382 bytes / Downloads: 541)
Ok I think I finally got it to work at last thanks to your help here's a screenshot in game http://i.imgur.com/Ga9HTwM.jpg?1

I just want to confirm something this is print screen of my cheats_ws folder http://i.imgur.com/t4nIXF8.jpg?1
is that how it should be I also want to say I got PS2 Widescreen.rar file from here http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...#pid271674
and put it in cheats_ws folder is that correct.

Big thanks again didn't think I would get it to work.