Tales of the Abyss: Runs at 35-45FPS...
You don't add the frequency, you have a 2.2GHz CPU which happens to have 4 cores and that's pretty much it.

That "Performance Rated at: 5.5 GHz" part is just a sort of rating, it means your CPU would compare to a Pentium 4 running at 5.5GHz, but as usual it's just a market ploy to make it sound better.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

Wait - So a four-core CPU clocked at 2.2Ghz which has the potential total clock speed of 8.8Ghz performs at the same power of a 5.5Ghz Intel single-core CPU?

And they used a marketing ploy to make that sound good?
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
(07-20-2011, 10:51 PM)MyDreamName Wrote: I think you mean it is rated as 5.5 on the Windows rating system, not 5.5 Ghz. It's actually 2.2 Ghz.

My N930 @ 2.0 Ghz scores 6.9 in Windows XP Index, so his N970 @ 2.2 Ghz must do higher. I assume he is adding the clock speed in each cores together.

/to Hall of Famer I can barely play any game on my N930 (FFX runs at 40 FPS, FFXII 45 FPS, Tomb Raider: Legends 30 FPS, God of War II 20 FPS), so do not expect your N970 can, unless PCSX2 supports 4 cores.
(07-21-2011, 01:42 AM)MyDreamName Wrote: Wait - So a four-core CPU clocked at 2.2Ghz which has the potential total clock speed of 8.8Ghz performs at the same power of a 5.5Ghz Intel single-core CPU?

People asking this questions obviously are not the ones that are gonna fall for it Tongue2

Quote:And they used a marketing ploy to make that sound good?

People usually buy numbers... so something like...

CPU Speed: 2.2 GHz Performance Rated at: 5.5 GHz <-- "OMG! that cpu is rated much higher than it is, I gotta get that lucky one!!!!"

or...

"2.2GHz quad CPU, so 8.8Ghz!!!!!"

The marketing ploy works unfortunately for the users Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
When my Q8300 was around (2.5ghz not overclocked) the game gave me minor dips, But when i pushed it up 3.1, it still does give me framerate dips from time to time (Influence such as number of npc or location)
[Image: 2555882.png]
Well now I am able to speed up the game to 45-50FPS at battles, but from time to time it crashes. Well its not just the game crashes, the entire emulator crashes and stops responding. Is this caused by speedhack, and is there a way to fix this?
It could very well be caused by speedhacks. You try doing that segment without it. Get any errors in the console?

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
One of the issues of Abyss is it crashes because of the speedhacks, you can do fine with the first slider up to numbe r2 but on the second one, don't touch it, I encountered that problem few days ago that managed to fix it.

There are soem parts in the game that would make your computer cry believe me just shrug it off and face it like a man lol
[Image: 2555882.png]
umm anyone of you know what this error is?

(EE pc:800142EC) TLB Miss, addr=0x407dbd60 [load]
I believe that's a disc read error. Try cleaning your disc or recreating an image of your disc if you are playing off an .iso.

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...