Tales of the Abyss: Runs at 35-45FPS...
Well here is the specs of my laptop, it is a new one bought just 3 months ago:

CPU: AMD Phenom™ II N970 Quad-Core Processor
CPU Speed: 2.2 GHz Performance Rated at: 5.5 GHz
RAM: 7.7 GB
System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 64-bit
Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550
Sound Card: ATI High Definition Audio Device

The game, however, only ran at 40-45FPS after I gained control of Luke for the first time, and the speed dropped to 35-40FPS in the scene of Luke's family meeting with Van Grants. I was so upset that I shut down the program after hearing slowed down voices from the game. I heard that using speedhack can improve the performance, but unfortunately this did not work for me. The game is as slow as before... Can anyone of you please help me improve the speed to 55-60FPS constantly? Thanks.

Sponsored links

will be hard with a cpu clocked @2.2ghz.

Try setting vu cycle stealing to moderate and set gsdx internal res to native (yes your GPU is a bit weak too...)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-20-2011, 10:43 PM)Hall of Famer Wrote: CPU: AMD Phenom™ II N970 Quad-Core Processor
CPU Speed: 2.2 GHz Performance Rated at: 5.5 GHz

Well, if speedhacks did not help you...
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
(07-20-2011, 10:46 PM)jesalvein Wrote: will be hard with a cpu clocked @2.2ghz.

Try setting vu cycle stealing to moderate and set gsdx internal res to native (yes your GPU is a bit weak too...)

umm but this is a quad-core processor, not a single or dual-core processor. The speed is actually rated at 5.5ghz, if you read carefully.
I think you mean it is rated as 5.5 on the Windows rating system, not 5.5 Ghz. It's actually 2.2 Ghz.

And PCSX2 only uses two processors - therefore an AMD processor with more cores but lower clock speeds isn't going to help you.

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
(07-20-2011, 10:51 PM)MyDreamName Wrote: I think you mean it is rated as 5.5 on the Windows rating system, not 5.5 Ghz. It's actually 2.2 Ghz.

And PCSX2 only uses two processors - therefore an AMD processor with more cores but lower clock speeds isn't going to help you.

Elaborate please... So I spent a huge amount of dollars on a poor computer that runs merely at 2.2GHZ? It does not make sense to me.
Each core runs at 2.2 Ghz, yes... You'd be very hard-pressed to find a single-core CPU that runs at 5.5Ghz, unless extremely overclocked.

Really, the best quadcore (here) only runs at 3.4Ghz, and 3.8Ghz in Turbo Mode. Of course, it can be OCed, but it would be hard to get that to 5.5Ghz... normally only up to 5Ghz or slightly lower, so I think you're confusing 5.5Ghz with something else.

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
How much did you spend on that laptop? Your CPU and CPU are a little slow to run pcsx2
(07-20-2011, 11:30 PM)MyDreamName Wrote: Each core runs at 2.2 Ghz, yes... You'd be very hard-pressed to find a single-core CPU that runs at 5.5Ghz, unless extremely overclocked.

Really, the best quadcore (here) only runs at 3.4Ghz, and 3.8Ghz in Turbo Mode. Of course, it can be OCed, but it would be hard to get that to 5.5Ghz... normally only up to 5Ghz or slightly lower, so I think you're confusing 5.5Ghz with something else.

But I am assuming at least I can run at dual-core, which makes it 4.4 GHZ then?

Not at all; the idea of "threading" the emulator is assigning different tasks to different cores.

So, for example, your first core might not be able to finish the first "task" at full speed, and your second core could have no problem.

Either way, you're not going to end up finishing all the processing in time to make games run seamlessly. What's recommended is a 3.2 Dual core (or more) or higher.

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...